Friday, March 30, 2007

Finally... an update!

Well, I’m finally taking a moment to update! This is because I woke up prematurely from my afternoon nap and I know that Maya is going to wake up any second ready to eat, so I decided I might as well stay awake and take advantage of this ‘free’ moment.

So… as is pretty obvious by now, life as a “mother of 2” means zero ‘me time!’ It means the free time I do have I do not spend writing journal entries, as I did when I was pregnant... As most of these ‘free’ moments I get occur when the two children are sleeping, which means I should be sleeping as well (and most of the time I am)!

So anyway… life has been pretty chaotic these past 3 weeks. For the most part, I feel like we are adjusting well… and in regard to the post-partum depression, I am not experiencing it like I did with Chloe. I think that has been mainly due to the wonderful help I received from my mom and sister as soon as we brought little Maya home. My sister was soo wonderful to be at my ‘beck & call’ almost every evening that week… and my mom spent many of her days here. I tell people that my mom has been my ‘lifeboat’ and that without her, I surely would have sunk by now! J She has been so giving of her time and it’s been a true blessing.

As for the health of all of us… I am recovering well.. and I’m happy to say that on a ‘good’ day J I’m only a few pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight! Hallelujah for that, since I was nervous about all the weight I’d gained with little Maya! Also, my broken toe is healing amazingly quick! YEA for answered prayers of healing! As for the health of Chloe, at her last Dr. appt. we were advised that Chloe see a specialist because of her lack of weight gain. We have been writing down every bit of food that enters her mouth for the past week so the Dr. can get a feel for her diet. Little Maya had a 3 wk. check-up today & is doing real well – she is not so little, weighing in at 10 lbs. 1 oz. already! And Chris is doing just fine, though our marriage is suffering as 100% of our energies and our thoughts are focused on the girls. Quite often he is saying “I miss you” to me, which makes me feel good, but also sad. When we hug I sometimes feel like I’m hugging a stranger; it’s just not good. We are both deprived of the love & affection we need solely from one another, as husband & wife. We keep saying we want to go out really soon for dinner, just the 2 of us… but I think first we need to get Maya to take a bottle (so far she has only been nursing) and then we would feel comfortable leaving her (& Chloe) with one of our parents for an hour or so to go out to dinner.

Anyway, there are other things I could write about… (TONS of things to be exact!) but of course my ‘free’ moment is up… and Maya is begging for my attention!

Hopefully I can try & make more ‘me time’ to write in here, cuz I think it’s good for me to share what’s on my heart & what is happening. Until my next free moment, please continue to keep us in your prayers!

No comments: