So thankfully, I am sitting at work without a pile of things to do on my desk. Yes, Easter is over, Holy Week is behind us… and I’m back to the normal work routine, which I’m glad for.
I realize I haven’t written anything since last week and that’s when I was feeling overwhelmed by life. It was an overwhelming week in general, and things are going better now.
We didn’t take the girls to see the Easter Bunny anywhere - I don’t know why. Chris figured it’d probably just scare them anyway - like Santa Claus typically does.. and so we never took them to see Santa either. Last Saturday we didn’t do much and later in the day it was nice enough to play outside - Chris finally nailed the last piece of wood to the swing set so the girls don’t need help climbing up to go down the slide. That was exciting. Around 7:30 that night we were playing outside with the kids across the street and I then realized that we hadn’t dyed Easter eggs! By then it was a little late since it was also bath night… so I felt bad we didn’t do it. The girls did dye Easter eggs with my Mom earlier in the week, though... And they used silk ties and vinegar to do it! It was really creative and I was impressed how they turned out ,and that my Mom was brave enough to do it with them by herself. :)
So Sunday morning came and we picked up my Grandma down the street and we all went to Church. The girls looked lovely in their Easter dresses. On the way to Chris’ grandparents - Maya fell asleep.. That was odd since she usually isn’t ready for nap till after 1 or so. She’d been cranky lately, though, so we figured a nap was good for her before the Easter festivities. We left Maya in the car after we got there - it was nice enough we could leave the windows cracked and she didn’t overheat :) and she slept for almost a whole hour! We ate lunch there - they had kielbasa, ham, chicken and plenty of other sides and yummy desserts. Chris’ grandparents get little Easter baskets for all the kids and they didn’t get tons of candy which was nice. They got Avon bath paints and a bag of dorito munchies and bugles chips (those are good!) Then the girls had a little Easter egg hunt in the back yard which they loved. Since we had to leave early though, they did the hunting by themselves and we had to stop them after they collected so many eggs, so that there’d be eggs left for the other kids to find! That made them very unhappy, since they knew there were more eggs out there and they weren’t allowed to pick them up. Oh well. And then neither Chloe or Maya fell asleep on the way home like we’d hoped and it was rough getting them to sleep once we got home. But we still had another get together to go to, at my Dad’s house.. And we knew they wouldn’t be happy without naps. So they finally went to sleep, but after only a short while, I had to wake them up to leave again. That didn’t make them happy either. Oh well. We had a delicious dinner which my step-Mom made and my Grandma was there, along with my Aunt & her husband. The girls got plenty of new things to play with and candy to eat and we were completely exhausted by the time Easter day was done!
Come Monday morning, I called the Dr. because Chloe had woken up Sun. night wheezing and coughing really bad and Maya had been holding her ears all week and had been crankier than usual, so I figured I would get them both checked out. My mom came up and went with us (to make it easier on me) and we found out it’s just Chloe’s allergies bothering her, which can make the typical cough she has, much worse… and Maya checked out just fine. (Figures! She’s just a cranky 2 year old - ugh!) So we got a prescription for Chloe for flonase - to help her little nose - and Zyrtec for kids, which is over the counter and you can get the “in store” brand for a decent price. I didn’t know they even made Zyrtec for kids that small! I know that Zytrec and Claritin works wonders for me - so I am hopeful that it’ll help her, too! And it’s all 24 hour stuff so only 1 dose a day is needed. But now that the weather has become chilly the past few days, she hasn’t had any real bad allergy symptoms, so I haven’t tried giving her the Zyrtec yet. Once it warms up, she’ll probably be sneezing and wiping her nose every 5 mins. again. :(
As for what I’ve been up to, I am currently obsessed with looking up recipes on the Pillsbury.com website. :) Yesterday I wanted to use this tube of choc. chip cookie dough that had been sitting in the fridge for a while, but I didn’t want to make regular ole’ cookies… and on Pillsbury.com you can type in the pillsbury product you have and it will give you a giant list of everything you can make with it! So I found this recipe for Cookie & Crescent Sweet Rolls - using choc. chip cookie dough and crescent rolls! It was SUPER easy and very yummy…. You can click on the link below this picture if you want to see the recipe. :)
I realize I haven’t written anything since last week and that’s when I was feeling overwhelmed by life. It was an overwhelming week in general, and things are going better now.
We didn’t take the girls to see the Easter Bunny anywhere - I don’t know why. Chris figured it’d probably just scare them anyway - like Santa Claus typically does.. and so we never took them to see Santa either. Last Saturday we didn’t do much and later in the day it was nice enough to play outside - Chris finally nailed the last piece of wood to the swing set so the girls don’t need help climbing up to go down the slide. That was exciting. Around 7:30 that night we were playing outside with the kids across the street and I then realized that we hadn’t dyed Easter eggs! By then it was a little late since it was also bath night… so I felt bad we didn’t do it. The girls did dye Easter eggs with my Mom earlier in the week, though... And they used silk ties and vinegar to do it! It was really creative and I was impressed how they turned out ,and that my Mom was brave enough to do it with them by herself. :)
So Sunday morning came and we picked up my Grandma down the street and we all went to Church. The girls looked lovely in their Easter dresses. On the way to Chris’ grandparents - Maya fell asleep.. That was odd since she usually isn’t ready for nap till after 1 or so. She’d been cranky lately, though, so we figured a nap was good for her before the Easter festivities. We left Maya in the car after we got there - it was nice enough we could leave the windows cracked and she didn’t overheat :) and she slept for almost a whole hour! We ate lunch there - they had kielbasa, ham, chicken and plenty of other sides and yummy desserts. Chris’ grandparents get little Easter baskets for all the kids and they didn’t get tons of candy which was nice. They got Avon bath paints and a bag of dorito munchies and bugles chips (those are good!) Then the girls had a little Easter egg hunt in the back yard which they loved. Since we had to leave early though, they did the hunting by themselves and we had to stop them after they collected so many eggs, so that there’d be eggs left for the other kids to find! That made them very unhappy, since they knew there were more eggs out there and they weren’t allowed to pick them up. Oh well. And then neither Chloe or Maya fell asleep on the way home like we’d hoped and it was rough getting them to sleep once we got home. But we still had another get together to go to, at my Dad’s house.. And we knew they wouldn’t be happy without naps. So they finally went to sleep, but after only a short while, I had to wake them up to leave again. That didn’t make them happy either. Oh well. We had a delicious dinner which my step-Mom made and my Grandma was there, along with my Aunt & her husband. The girls got plenty of new things to play with and candy to eat and we were completely exhausted by the time Easter day was done!
Come Monday morning, I called the Dr. because Chloe had woken up Sun. night wheezing and coughing really bad and Maya had been holding her ears all week and had been crankier than usual, so I figured I would get them both checked out. My mom came up and went with us (to make it easier on me) and we found out it’s just Chloe’s allergies bothering her, which can make the typical cough she has, much worse… and Maya checked out just fine. (Figures! She’s just a cranky 2 year old - ugh!) So we got a prescription for Chloe for flonase - to help her little nose - and Zyrtec for kids, which is over the counter and you can get the “in store” brand for a decent price. I didn’t know they even made Zyrtec for kids that small! I know that Zytrec and Claritin works wonders for me - so I am hopeful that it’ll help her, too! And it’s all 24 hour stuff so only 1 dose a day is needed. But now that the weather has become chilly the past few days, she hasn’t had any real bad allergy symptoms, so I haven’t tried giving her the Zyrtec yet. Once it warms up, she’ll probably be sneezing and wiping her nose every 5 mins. again. :(
As for what I’ve been up to, I am currently obsessed with looking up recipes on the Pillsbury.com website. :) Yesterday I wanted to use this tube of choc. chip cookie dough that had been sitting in the fridge for a while, but I didn’t want to make regular ole’ cookies… and on Pillsbury.com you can type in the pillsbury product you have and it will give you a giant list of everything you can make with it! So I found this recipe for Cookie & Crescent Sweet Rolls - using choc. chip cookie dough and crescent rolls! It was SUPER easy and very yummy…. You can click on the link below this picture if you want to see the recipe. :)
http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=14799
Well, I have plenty of other things I could write about, but my hands are tired of typing at the moment. Perhaps I will load the pictures from Easter onto the computer someday soon and post a few. Have a good rest of the week...

1 comment:
Hey Kim - Send me Chloe's picture and I'll straighten it for you!
Post a Comment