It's 10:15 on Monday night. I'm sitting here with my foot in a bowl of warm water. I have a toe infection, known by Doctors as "acute paronychia." A random infection you get around a finger or toe nail - with swelling, redness & pain. It's the worse pain ever. I just woke up with it on Saturday morning - but it wasn't TOO bothersome so I went about my day as usual. By Sat. evening though it was hurting reallly bad and I called Chris' Mom who told me to soak it.. so I did. By 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning, the pain was so excruciating I couldn't go back to sleep - I was thinking I'd have to skip church and visit an urgent care center cuz it hurt sooo bad. I got on the computer cuz I was lying in bed feeling like I wanted to cry, not sleep, so after some searching, I figured out I had "acute paronychia." It recommeded soaking it in warm water multiple times a day. So I did that on Sunday and I thought it was getting somewhat better, but I overdid it on Sunday night by walking around Target, making it extremely sore, and instead of waking up today, Monday, feeling better - the pain was still there, and almost worse, and the redness was spreading and it was swelling even more. So I called the Dr.
In the meantime, during my toe problems, I was dealing with Maya's continuous cranky state... on Sat. I finally saw a little tooth toward the front popping through her gums - nothing major like a molar though. She had experienced a fever on & off from Tues to Fri last week and I couldn't believe it was just her teething at this age. Well, finally by Sat. the fever was gone and she'd developed a runny nose and then a cough. Sunday afternoon we didn't get a nap hardly cuz she just coughed so bad the whole time. So I figured come Monday, both Maya & I would probably go see the Dr.
So my Mom came up this morning and watched Chloe while Maya & I went to get our ailments diagnosed. :) Sure enough, she has an ear infection - what I've been suspecting forever - but since we went to the Dr. just last Monday and all was okay, I didn't take her back last week. So the Dr. gave her amoxicillin, that wonderfully icky pink medicine (praise God she loves it though!) and I also got amoxicillin, in pill form thankfully :) and he also gave me a prescription for 600 mg. of ibuprofen and some liquid cough & cold relief medicine. He diagnosed the toe exactly the name of it I'd found on the internet and also that I had an upper respiratory infection. Maya has the URI as well. Thankfully, the amoxicillin will treat both the URI and the ear infection in Maya and the infection in my toe and the URI in me. Wonderful - eh? So we're all drugged up here now and waiting to feel better!!!
That's what is going on in our world lately.... I'm now ready for bed....
1 comment:
Poor Kim and Maya! Hope you guys feel better quickly!!
Post a Comment