A little trip Up North
So last Monday, August 3rd, my Mom and I and the girls packed into the van with our suitcases & pillows - off to see my Grandma & Grandpa - who the girls have only really seen twice (well, Chloe twice, Maya once...) I have always felt bad that they've never gotten to really know the girls or see them much, so in celebration of my Grandma's 86th birthday, we decided to surprise them and make the 3 hour drive to visit. :) They knew my Mom was coming, but they thought it'd be my Mom, John and their dog Molly. So we met my grandma & grandpa for lunch as soon as we arrived in town and they walked into the restaurant and there we were! And yes, they were surprised! But I'm not so sure it's good to surprise 85 year old people because they get their hearts set on something and when the 'expected' doesn't happen, that's sort of a let down for them.. And I think it's hard for them to 'shift gears' so to speak - even though we suprised them in a good way! haha. So yes, the first few sentences out of their mouths was them asking where "everyone else" was.. yeah, I felt bad! I was like, "Oh, it's just us.." As if to say, "Sorry to disappoint you!" Eventually they came around though, and the girls warmed up to them and it was a wonderful time for everyone. :) hehe.Here's an adorable picture of the girls & them sitting on the porch steps at their trailer...
Maya was a little tired...
We had fun eating hot dogs and corn on the cob and homemade potato salad and creamy cucumbers... and cheesecake w/cherries for dessert!! YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment