Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lots of pics & an update!

"Happy Birthday dee dee!"

The girls were in the middle of singing, which is why the strange faces!

(Maya calls my sister "dee dee" though she now can pronounce Missy somewhat clearly, she still calls her dee dee).


So obviously, this was when we celebrated my sister's b-day at my house... My mom made her a baby blanket/quilt... some of the material says "miracle baby" on it - which perfectly suits the little one to come!


Chloe was having a hilariously fun time with her play gun, pretending to shoot grandpa... nothing like a 4 year old in her fancy dress playing shoot 'em up, right? (Ohhhh dear.... how are my children being raised, I'm sure you're thinking...)

Missy and cutie Maya...


Opening b-day presents...

My Mom and Maya...


Oh, now we're back to closer to Christmas pictures... the girls got lots of playdoh and fun baking stuff, so they were pretending to make cakes & cookies with the playdoh :)


And then we baked something for real in Chloe's new Easy Bake oven! We used a funfetti cake mix - yum! :)


Still playing with cookie cutters and play-doh - with the playdoh ice cream shop you get brown playdoh so it looked like real gingerbread men she made! hehe.

Me and Chris on Christmas day, taken at his grandparents house..

My husband's whole family...

Me and my Mother-in-law are holding the girls, and in back from left to right is: Chris' Dad, Alex, Chris, Joe, his wife Merin, Allison and Grandma (Chris' Mom's mom).

Well, those are all the pictures for now -- it takes a long time to upload so many pic's, which is why it takes me forever to find time to do it.

Well, I guess since I have some time while work is slow, I might as well share what's going on with us!

Chris has been busy with his new hobby - hunting. It means he's been gone alot of Saturday's in the past 2 months... and he has nothing to show for it, which I don't mind. We don't know if we really want to eat venison (he's just deer hunting) and I really don't care to have a pair of antlers on my wall (which is his real motivation to go!) We have had some people donate some venison to us, since Chris has gotten to know other hunters.. but it still remains in our freezer until we're brave enough to cook it up somehow! We did buy a portion of a cow a few weeks ago, from a guy Chris knows... but we think we may have thrown away our money, because they didn't cut the meat real great. The hamburger, which we have at least 40 lbs. of, is not finely processed, so there is HUGE chunks of fat in it and it's enough to make you want to become a vegetarian. We have a whole chest freezer full of beef in various forms, but we have only tried the hamburger and some ribeye steaks and I wasn't real impressed with either. UGH. Just too much fat. So I don't think we'll be buying a 'fresh cow' again anytime soon... I prefer my beef to come from the case at Meijer, thanks.

In other news - we are still trying to potty train our almost 3-year old Maya. She is little Miss Indepedent (unlike her big sister, who needs help with EVERYthing) - but the potty training she just hasn't gotten real serious about yet. She has days where she does awesome, and other days where we have no luck remembering to go. We go back & forth between pull-ups and diapers... after cleaning up lots of accidents on the carpet a month ago, I put the big girl underwear back in the drawer for a while cuz I was tired of the messes. Maybe if 3/4 of our house wasn't carpet, I would've just kept on the potty training path better, but I've veared off by putting her back in diapers to save our carpet. :) Also in Maya news... we got the letter from preschool saying she's officially enrolled next Fall for the 3 year old preschool class! Ohh goodness.. so hard to believe... right now we're starting to plan her b-day party in March.. I keep asking her what kinda' party she wants (we always have a theme at our house) and it's been different every day - from Barbie, to Minnie Mouse to Tinkerbell. Her vocabulary is also expanding on a daily basis - it's amazing. Sometimes the girls call me at work and I can't tell if it's Chloe or Maya on the phone half the time. She is also VERY loving.. she loves to randomly come up to you and hug you and say "luh you".... It's so precious.

As for Chloe... she is such a big girl... and still tries to be Maya's little mommy sometimes... she tries to get Maya to eat her dinner when she doesn't want to and she'll talk to her in a sweet little voice and will tell her that yes, the mashed potatoes are good... It's adorable. And she can finally write her name really well... for the longest time we were hung up on writing a lowercase 'e' - but now she does it well and I'm so excited! We've decided we are going to send her to kindergarten in the Fall; I think she will be ready. I'm sort of looking into ballet classes for her... Chris isn't thrilled with the idea, who knows why... but I think Chloe would be SOO good at it and would love it. She's definitely gotten alot of her dancing skills from Aunt Missy :)

And as for me, I've been busy fighting a sinus infection/cold and am finally feeling better... I spend most of my 'free' time (hah, like that exists!) baking and cooking... I am loving my food blog, and I seem to post on that blog more frequenly than this one, I think because it's something I'm really passionate about, so I make time for it! Baking is like a stress release for me - it makes me feel good about myself and I just love eating whatever I make, of course! :)

Anyway, I better get back to work... I hope you've enjoyed hearing what we've been up to!

No comments: