Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's happening with us..



So, we’ve been pretty busy at our house… Last week we celebrated Maya’s birthday… it fell on a Wednesday and we decided to go out to dinner to celebrate and went to TGIFriday’s, since I know they usually sing to you and give you lots of balloons (what any kid would love!) It was fun… Maya loved it, except when the group of waiters & waitresses came to sing to her, that’s when she buried her head into me and got embarrassed! :) She enjoyed a nice little free ice cream sundae (and I got to enjoy 3/4 of it when she got full!)



Last Saturday we had our families over for the b-day party and we went all out and had Ruby Tuesday for dinner! It was great - we had mini cheeseburgers, chicken ranch wraps, salad, french fries, tortilla chips with queso & spinach & artichoke dips, and chicken fingers. It was oh-so-good & worth every penny!! For dessert, my Mom made a white cake with this delicious creamy raspberry filling and I made a tollhouse chocolate chip cake with choc. frosting. It was all sooo YUMMY!


Chloe was not too happy about the pink candle being put on the cake closest to Maya... she figured the white cake was hers & Maya had the brown one. haha. She is pouting in every pic. we have of her pretty much!


So this week I went to the elementary school which is a few minutes from our house, and registered Chloe for kindergarten! She goes on May 13th for the kindergarten screening, which takes about 2 hours. We haven’t had to decide about full-day or half-day yet, but I’m leaning toward half-day (but I think Chris wants to do full-day)… But I figure we can always change our minds at any point. You just get $100 off if you sign up & pay for full-day before a certain date in August.


In other news, we are greatly looking forward to June and taking a vacation! We have paid the deposit, along with Chris’ parents, and are heading back to our usual destination -- the beautiful lake house in Mackinaw City. Every year we look & search and just can’t find a better deal - the house we stay in is just sooo beautiful & equipped so nicely, and it’s hard to find such a nice, big house for such a great price, so we always end up going back. :) We are going to plan some different day-trips, like we did last year.. which makes it a little different every time we go. It shall be fun!


We’re also looking forward to July - my sister & her husband are expecting their first child - a precious baby boy! The girls are going to LOVE having a little cousin - they can’t wait to teach him to crawl, walk, talk and everything else! :)

Well, I think that’s all I have time to write about for now!


No comments: