Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Welcome to the Month of May!

I love to tell stories with pictures.. And seeing pictures helps me remember just what I've been up to and why I haven't had time to post lately. :) Maya came in the kitchen one night to eat a snack and brought this box with her and then got in it & proceeded to eat her snack. Three year old's are something else.

This picture also reminds me about the cupboard that is behind her, which currently is home to a mouse. YES. YUCK. We found mouse droppings in there a couple weeks ago, so we then cleaned EVERYthing outta' the cupboard and filled it instead with traps. No sign of a mouse after that. We did find a mouse in our garage after it ate a big hole in a full garbage bag we'd thrown out there... so then we moved the traps outta' the cupboard & INTO the garage and well, by morning we had a dead mouse. Hooray! We thought our problem was solved. So we put everything back into the cupboard and last night at 9:30 pm I went to take out my flour & sugar to bake something and found holes in my ziplock bag which holds my bag of flour. Why this mouse insists on eating flour is beyond me. It doesn't mess with the sugar bag, just the flour. And there were TONS of mouse droppings this time. EWWWW. This time we left everything in the cupboard and filled it again with mouse traps. Then I proceed to inspect my other cupboards cuz I'm getting paranoid... and where do I found more mouse terds? The silverware drawer. Yes. Seriously. How does a mouse manage to climb into a drawer? Gee whiz. And then I look in my 'junk' drawer next to it, which is literally jam packed full with well, junk! and I found more nasty little mouse droppings. And I wonder how it managed to move around in the junk drawer and find the room to even poop in there! SICK. Someone PLEASE get this creature out of my kitchen.. And of course now I feel like everything is contaminated. And I'm certain no one wants to come eat at myhouse anytime in the near future after reading all this. But don't worry, everyone, I'm paranoid enough that I'm washing & disinfecting everything before using it. ICKK.

See how many things I can think of by looking at one picture? Oh boy, you're in for a long post if I write this much after each picture! hah.

This is our Dinner, Drama & Dance event which me and my Fellowship team was in charge of last weekend. It was Saturday, May 1st and Ruby Tuesday catered the meal... it was a very nice time... (except when we ran out of food and the 2 young guys serving the food weren't paying attention and a bunch of us had to wait till 8:00 to finish eating dinner!) That'd be the short story of a long evening. :) So these are some of the girls in our group, and I really don't like how I look in this picture (hot, sweaty & worn out!) but everyone else looks nice.

This was before the Dinner Drama & Dance... we took the girls over to Chris' parents who were going to babysit and Chris' Mom took a picture of us in front of their house. Too bad Chris isn't sure if he wants to smile. haha. (He must've secretly known what the evening was going to be like, as he would race around trying to order more food and taking out garbage bag after bag to the dumpsters.. but ohh, what a great help he was!)

The last few weeks we've been busy in the evenings spreading mulch and pulling weeds and making my flower gardens pretty! The other day I went and bought some geraniums to plant.. I usually wait till Mother's Day weekend to buy flowers, but I LOVE planting & beautifying the garden SOO much that I just couldn't help myself and took the girls to Menards and bought & planted some already! :)

So now that Spring is here... we live outside. Literally. It's nice, but not nice. I mean, I love not being cooped up in the house like we are all Winter, but my household duties really fall to the wayside when we LIVE outside. And I LOVE baking and I never have time to bake anymore cuz we're never in the house long enough to make anything. And my laundry piles up like crazy. The dirty dishes pile up. And the toys are littered all over the floor and remain there for days. (Okay, I admit that happens anyway. :) So we love playing outside. And here are some pictures of us playing in the front yard & visiting a playground...



Well, looking at the picture below of Chloe, who in a matter of months & days will be turning 5 (ahh!) I remember that next Thursday is her Kindergarten screening day. We have a 10:15 appt. at the elementary school and they say it'll take 2 hours. SERIOUSLY? Oh goodness, I'm nervous. They say they can't reject your child, but I worry Chloe is going to freeze and not remember her ABC's or how to count to 20 and how to write her name & what her address is. She's known to do this. Hello, the poor child gets nervous. So I'm nervous already. I don't know if they'll tell you, "I don't think she's ready." Or if they'll just write down on a piece of paper, "This child needs alot of help" in order to forewarn the teacher in the Fall! Who knows. UGH. I'm nervous. I probably should be quizzing her more. :)

So this post is reminding me of the "If you give a mouse" books... where one thought keeps leading to another... haha. "And when I think of next Thursday... I also think about it being May 13th, which is my husband's birthday!" He will turn 30!! Can you even believe it? And in July it'll be my turn to have the milestone birthday! Oh goodness. We're getting old.

I think I should stop right here. My mind is suddenly overwhelmed. :)

No comments: