Yea, I've found a moment to post again! :)
Here are some pictures from the beginning of July..

Since we didn't get to go fishing on vacation, we went down to the river, just a few minutes from our house, on the morning of July 3rd!

Since we didn't get to go fishing on vacation, we went down to the river, just a few minutes from our house, on the morning of July 3rd!
And then waiting got boring for the girls after about 10 minutes.. (haha) So they threw rocks in the river for a while and then we took a little walk & enjoyed running off some energy in these big hills! Later that night, we enjoyed going to the fireworks in our city and staying up late :)
The next day, Sunday, July 4th, we went to my Aunt's house... the girls love going there & swimming, playing and eating raspberries from her bushes. We did sparklers... in the daylight! Because of budget cuts, where my Aunt lives they didn't do their usual fireworks display (what a bummer!) so we ended up cutting the evening short and going home at a decent time which was nice, since we'd been up SUPER late the night before watching the fireworks in our city!
They went back & forth between the big pool and this little pool. :)And then.... just one week later... on Friday, July 9th, my sister entered the hospital to be induced!! My Mom and I planned to spend the day Saturday at the hospital while my sister labored, and until the baby was born... but when Missy arrived on Friday night, they found she was in actual labor - with contractions 2 -3 minutes apart... and no induction was needed! (What a blessing for her!)
So my Mom and I, who were determined to be there for the baby's birth, left the house at 10:00 Friday night & drove to the hospital... and we got there right after she received an epidural! We really thought Missy would have the baby by midnight with how fast the labor was progressing, but little Isaac James was not born until 3 am! He was positioned funny so that made the labor take longer, because they wanted him to shift... and he did, a little.. his head came out sideways! But he was perfectly healthy & beautiful and weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. I was blessed to be able to stay in the room the entire time and watch my little nephew be born.. It was TRULY amazing.. what an experience! (I think I was in shock that I did that twice myself.) WOW. :)
So my Mom and I, who were determined to be there for the baby's birth, left the house at 10:00 Friday night & drove to the hospital... and we got there right after she received an epidural! We really thought Missy would have the baby by midnight with how fast the labor was progressing, but little Isaac James was not born until 3 am! He was positioned funny so that made the labor take longer, because they wanted him to shift... and he did, a little.. his head came out sideways! But he was perfectly healthy & beautiful and weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. I was blessed to be able to stay in the room the entire time and watch my little nephew be born.. It was TRULY amazing.. what an experience! (I think I was in shock that I did that twice myself.) WOW. :)
Later on (after I got 3 hours of sleep or so!) we came back to the hospital so the girls could meet their first cousin!
And here is our happy little addition to the family... at 1 1/2 months! A happy, smiling baby boy! WE love him dearly!Up next.... pictures from the END of July! Stay tuned. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment