I thought I'd title this post something eye-catching, since I know not many people will probably even see this post, considering I haven't written in almost a year & I'm doubtful a single person even checks it anymore!!
But anyhow, we've had an eventful year! Chloe did awesome in kindergarten and will soon start first grade, and Maya will begin 4 year old preschool. It will be strange to have both girls in school EVERY day... Chloe will go from 9 to 3:30 and Maya from 9 to 11:30. What ever will we do? :) I don't know. I have Mon & Tues off work still... but I really only get 1 day off a week, because I watch my nephew Isaac every Monday. He's a little blessing and a joy... but now that he is 1 year old, he is quite the handful! I am pretty exhausted at the end of each Monday... and I'm usually convinced I'm just not cut out to be a mom of more than 2 children! hehe. I love Isaac dearly, but it's just VERY hard for me to make time for all 3 kids & keep them all happy. Who knows, I'm sure the dynamic would be different if the 3rd child was my own but I'm just not sure I want to try it & see! For now, I am mostly convinced on a daily basis that our family is good as a "family of 4."
Today we went to the mall for lunch and to shop, just me, my Mom and the girls... and my Mom and I were commenting after our excursion how nice it was to hold hands with the girls & walk through the mall with them, and not having to unload the stroller and carry diaper bags & sippy cups & you know, all that 'extra' stuff. Freedom is awesome. Your children becoming more independent is awesome. (I realize someday I won't think so.) But for now, I'm liking that my kids can do things for themselves and aren't babies anymore. I am glad I can sleep through the night (most of the time!) and that they can communicate how they feel, what they need, and they can play together and don't need me by their side 24/7. They are growing up. It is nice. And once you experience freedom like this, it's quite hard to think about having a baby, and losing all that freedom. Does that sound selfish? I think some women are just created to be Mommy's to many little ones, and some are created to just be Mommy to 1 or 2. :) Some of us just can't handle more than two. hehe.
So we're in a stage of life we've never been in (well, duh!) and we're enjoying it. Chris and I have been going on more 'dates' and it is wonderful. We no longer simply call his parents to babysit, we have responsible teenage girls we can call when we want to go out. We never did this when the girls were super little. So life is just changing, all the time... and routines are changing, and I really like the 'stage' of life we're experiencing right now. Chloe is 6 and Maya is 4... and they're a joy to watch grow and learn. Next year, Chris and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage in September, which is crazy to think about... but wow, what a lot we've done and accomplished & how things have changed in 10 years!
I guess that's where I'll end this post for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment