In August, Chris and I went to a Nascar race up at MIS together.. he's been to 2 races, I'd never been to one. Since his company does so much business with Home Depot (he's like their #1 contractor, which means he spends ALOT of $ there) - they like to give us perks once in a while. This time it was free VIP tickets to the race.. We got to hang out in "Chalet Village" before the race - this is a special gated area where lots of car sponsors set up tents and offer people free breakfast, lunch, and pit road tours. We didn't get there till lunch time, so we missed all that fun stuff. It was okay though, because it was 900 degrees that day and that would've made for an EVEN longer day. :)
Our seats were right above the entrance to pit road. We were SO high in the grandstands, that when we first sat down & I looked down, I thought I was gonna have a panic attack. It was a little scary...
Here we are, before getting majorly sun-burnt! Yes, we applied sunscreen before leaving home, but didn't realize that we'd sweat it all off before the race would even start! Re-applying sunscreen would've been a REALLY good idea. ;)
So how was my first race experience, you ask? Well, it was just that... an experience! I will DEFINITELY not forget it, but I don't see the need to relive such an experience. I'm glad we went and that it was free and something fun & different for us to do, but the heat made it pretty miserable, and it was ALOT of walking, and it was REALLY loud. So that would sum it up I believe.
Chris in the "Chalet Village" area before the race.
And well, I just had to add a cute photo of the girls to end this post! Aunt Merin had these adorable "pillow case" dresses made for them.. they are TOO cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment