Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Saturday

So, just wanted to clarify that the post below was written on Friday, May 22 - not May 14! :)

Well, it's Saturday night and I'm ready for bed... We had a long day today.... This morning my mom and sister & I got together for brunch at my sis' house, and to talk & pray... it was wonderful - I wish we could do it every Saturday, but we'll see! I love my Mom and sister - they are awesome Christians who I look up to and the prayers of the righteous are powerful & effective... and of course where 2 or more are gathered, God is near.... so that is why it was a good thing we got together. :)

This afternoon we were invited to a couples' house from Church, the guy happens to work for Chris and he has a wife and 2 kids and they live a few minutes away... they invited us over, as well as another couple from Church, who the guy also works for Chris... and it was lots of fun. They have a nice little house and we had wonderful food - chicken & steak ka-bob's on the grill and sweet corn and we even went swimming! It was great and nice to be around Christians. The water in the poool was a little cold but I got in anyway with the girls and they LOVED it. It was nice.... I'm glad we went.

Now I just showered from being hot & sticky all day - and I'm feeling very refreshed & ready for bed.... Hopefully I get some decent sleep tonight so I'm not as grumpy as I've been today..!

No comments: