Friday, May 1, 2009

Time for the weekend...

It's almost time for the weekend to begin! Hallelujah - I love weekends... I always hope for lots of family time & relaxing time and wonderful weather & maybe eating out?! We'll see what this weekend entails... Hopefully Chris will get to work on the 'fort' addition to the swingset a little more - we are both excited about it! He also has some projects in the basement - we had another water leak from the bathroom which was drenching a ceiling tile in the basement and Chris had his guys fix it last Friday so he didn't have to mess with it himself (a blessing!) but now part of the ceiling/wall needs to be re-drywalled and painted and such -- just another project for the "To Do" list.

What else... Well, Maya had her last dose of amoxicillin on Sunday, and then at bedtime on Tuesday started to get a stuffy nose & then woke up at 2 a.m. with a fever - UGH! She still has a runny/stuff nose but no other symptoms really, and no fever. Not sure what's up - maybe just the crazy weather affecting us? Oh, and I am better - my toe's healed - I don't think it's gonna' fall off or anything - hooray. :)

On Thursday morning, Chloe had a preschool field trip to a greenhouse. We carpooled with Sarah & Jonah and Chris helped us out (wa-hoo!) and took Maya with him to work. Alot of the "work" Chris does lately is travel around the city to jobsites, checking on things, and also collecting money (trying to at least!). So Maya ended up sleeping in the truck for much of the morning, so that blessed Chris (but not me, later on, when it came time for an afternoon nap!) The fieldtrip was alright - I don't think it was exactly suitable for a bunch of 3 year old's with short attention spans - can they really, fully understand the germination of a seed? I don't know that I even do! hah. But oh well. They got to plant a flower in a pot and we'll have to transplant it into the garden and hope that the bunnies don't eat it!

Chloe only has 2 more weeks of school left! It's crazy. They sure do end early. Don't ask me why. So next week we get to have breakfast at preschool on Thursday morning - something they call "Breakfast Buddies." All the elementary schools in our area have something around Mother's Day and Father's Day called "Muffins for Moms" and "Donuts for Dads" and the moms & Dads go to school with their kids on a designated day and eat a donut or muffin with their child, before the start of the school day. I always LOVED it when I was little! So since lots of the preschoolers are brought to school by babysitters, grandmas, grandpas, etc... they are having "Breakfast Buddies" instead and we get to stay with Chloe for the first 20 mins. of their class time and eat breakfast with her! How fun!! It would be really fun if Chris could go with us, too... but we'll see... he has a court case coming up that might fall on that day, or Friday. (He's suing a guy he did lots of electrical work for 3 years ago, who never paid him for it - UGH - it's a thorn in our side!)

Anyway, then next weekend, Fri. night and Saturday almost ALL day - is our "Cleansing Stream" retreat. I have lots to share about that - but it's 4:55 and almost time for me to 'close up shop' here at work! So I will have to make time to write again sometime... Hope your weekend is blessed!

No comments: