Friday, July 10, 2009

July 4th weekend...


Here are some pictures of our recent fun!

Last Sunday we had a BBQ with some neighbors in our backyard, and the girls LOVE playing with Seth and this was Seth's first time in his pool which he got for his 1st birthday.
The 3 of them had fun - though it was a little tight in the little pool! hehe.
We went to the 4th of July fireworks in our city, on the 3rd of July and Seth and his mommy, Joanna, came with us! So many firsts' for little Seth - we got to experience his first fireworks with him, too! It was too much fun! Luckily right by where they shoot off the fireworks, there is an elementary school with 2 differeet playgrounds for the kids to enjoy.

I like Maya's static-y pigtails in this one!
Seth hanging out in the stroller - he was the most content little one year old ever - so perfectly behaved the whole night!

It was impossible to get 3 little kids to smile, or even look, at the camera at the same time. So to get one to smile was enough. :)

We had a fun time last weekend - Friday we went to the fireworks celebration uptown and enjoyed hot dogs & chips and then playing on the playgrounds until the 10 pm show! On Saturday we went to my Aunt's house for a party - unfortunately it wasn't quite warm enough to venture into her big pool - but thankfully the girls were content swimming in the little blow up pool in her backyard... and we had fun pulling raspberries off her bushes and filling ourselves with them! :) We then watched the fireworks from her house - you can sit in the street out front & see them... so in all, we got a weekend of no sleep! It was nice though, that Maya going to bed at 10:30 means she sleeps all night long! Somehow we made it to Church on Sunday (we'd missed 3 weeks in a row cuz of vacation, so we had to go!) and then at lunch time our neighbors came over & we had ribs, hot dogs, baked beans, etc... and Joanna made this most delicious peanut butter pie for dessert. I love my neighbors!!!

Anyway - this weekend there isn't much on our agenda. Sounds like it might rain a bit tomorrow (Sat) so that means we will have to try & find things to do indoors. Maybe we'll bake some banana muffins or something!

Well, I'm writing while at work and it's almost quitting time, so I guess I'll end it here! Sorry my updates are few & far between lately.. and I really wanted to post more vacation pictures, but they are all on Chris' computer and usually when I actually have the time to post, he is using his laptop so I can't access them. Someday, I will.. I hope! :)

No comments: