Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally updating!

Yes, I'm finally taking time to update on here - the only way I have time is if I do it while I'm at work. Last week & this week I am doing the Mon, Weds, Fri work routine because of various reasons. Next week I'll be back to my Weds, Thur, Fri work week. (It says I posted this on Friday, but really it's Monday - I uploaded the pictures on Friday so that's why it says Friday - as if you really wondered!)

My mom put really cute pigtails in Maya's hair one day.. here she was scooping superman ice cream. :)

Chloe, our little dancer, trying on the cute new outfit Aunt Missy gave Maya for her b-day. Chloe 'pretended' it was her b-day as well... so she enjoyed helping Maya with everything - and even tried on her clothes. Of course, Maya will grow into this outfit, as it fits Chloe pretty good right now :)

My Dad wanted a picture of all of us, so here is me, my Mom, sister and Dad. But why do I look so pale in these pictures?? Goodness, spring/summer need to arrive so I can get some sun!
Maya enjoying her birthday cake!


Chloe posing for the camera...


Chloe helped Maya blow out her #2 candle... When we sang "Happy Birthday" to Maya, Chloe added the phrase "and Chloe" very quietly to herself :)
A good picture of the cute cake.


Maya being shy...

So that's all the pictures for now... The b-day party went well - the girls had fun - we are still enjoying playing w/new toys and watching new dvd's. At the moment everyone is healthy at our house (we'll see how long that lasts!) The weather has been just wonderful lately - it's still freezing in the mornings but after nap it has been warm enough to enjoy playing outside. We got out tons of the girls' toys and Chloe is awesome riding her tricycle now... It was a challenge still toward the end of summer last year - but now she's a pro. Maybe her legs just needed to grow a few inches. :) She takes off down the sidewalk and if you don't keep up - she will be half-way down the road without you!
Last Thursday after dropping Chloe off at pre-school, Maya & I went to Bob Evans for breakfast. That was a fun little outing just the 2 of us! I felt bad that Chloe wasn't getting to go and that she wouldn't even know we went out to eat without her, but we did it anyhow. I have to tell you that Bob Evans has these awesome caramel mocha's which are pretty much 3/4 hot chocolate and 1/4 coffee.. and then lots of whipped cream... and well, just look at the delicious picture below.... haha..

and they are sooo wonderful - it was my main reason for wanting to go to Bob Evans! I was craving one. They're only $2.49 and you get free refills - so my friend, whether you like coffee or not, go to Bob Evans and order one of these, so they don't take it off the menu!! (I'm sure it's a seasonal thing and that soon I won't get these delicious drinks anymore!) So it was fun - and it makes me want to do it again sometime!

What else... Ugh, I hate when I don't update for ever and then I forget all the stories & things I was gonna' write about!
Oh, so Chris and I have been pretty bad about our homework for the "Cleansing Stream" class at Church - and come last Wednesday (the night before our small group!) we hadn't done any of the homework. My problem was this: I have a hard time being disciplined, plus, I had been sick the whole week before so I'd been going to bed early each night instead of staying up to read & do my homework.. and I was super busy cleaning & getting the house ready for Maya's party last Sunday - so those were my excuses for not doing my homework. (I know, there is no excuse.) So back to story, by last Weds. night I was not even going to attempt trying to catch up with all the homework I'd not done, but after getting the girls to sleep, I came out to the family room to find Chris sitting on the couch with his worksheets in hand & Bible open, slaving away at his weeks' worth of homework! I was AMAZED to say the least. :) I am proud to say that my own husband actually inspired me to do my Bible homework. We both sat there for a good 45 minutes or so and by then I only had 4 pages left and he had gotten all but 1 page done. Wow. Now, it's good that we did it, but I realize it would have been MUCH better if we'd done it each day - so we could get the most out of this homework! It was like cramming for a test; not the best way to attain knowledge. Oh well. I still learned from it and since we were doing it at the same time, it was nice that we could kind of talk about different points that stood out to us. Well, let me clarify - I shared some points that stood out to me - but Chris is not much for deep conversations. Yeah, kind of a bummer.
Well, anyhow, I'm kinda' tired of looking at this computer screen so I guess I'll end it here...

No comments: