So it's become obvious that life is a little too busy to keep up with this blog. I rarely get 'free' moments to myself where I can actually sit, uninterrupted, and think clearly enough to write an update... but oh well... I'm not going to shut-down my blog or anything (how do you even do that?) but I just don't post as often as I used to. It doesn't really bother me, and I don't think anyone else cares either... I'm not even sure who reads this anymore! Sometimes I wonder if I'm wasting my time since we all know I have a zillion other things I could be doing when I take the time to post something on here.
Well, anyway, despite all those thoughts.. Here I am updating... and thought I'd share some completely random facts about our lives lately!
1) It seems Maya acts more like a 3 year old than a 2 year old. :) I have talked to other mom's and it seems pretty common that the 2nd child wants to/tends to grow up faster - just to keep up with their older sibling. Maya has already experienced time-outs (Chloe never did at this age!) and she has a little attitude that mirrors her big sister's. She wants to be independent - dressing herself & such... and she wants to sit on the big potty often, though she isn't close to being potty-trained yet. She will poop in her diaper and then say "poop" and try to take her diaper off and sit on the potty after the fact, but usually I catch her before a big messy diaper hits the floor and makes an even bigger mess... and then I proceed to wipe her bottom clean and then she sits on the potty chair. The other night after Chloe had pooped she wanted to, as well, and so she sat on the big potty and tooted and said "duh" meaning "done" and I said "no, try again.." and so she did & she pooped a little that time! (SORRY for those of you who don't care about this!) haha. So yeah, every once in a blue moon that happens. I think maybe this summer she might be ready, since she's just doing everything at a faster rate than Chloe. (Chloe wasn't potty trained until the ripe old age of 3!)
2) Our latest favorite foods -- Chloe loves mini blueberry muffins... brown sugar & cinnamon frosted pop-tarts, untoasted.... spaghettios - she goes in phases between liking "people" ones and "no people" ones - Spaghettios come in various cartoon character shapes, in case you didn't know - like Dora, Disney princess, etc. Of course once you buy 10 cans of Princess ones, she no longer wants "people" shaped ones and wants the regular "o's". Such is life! She loves Life cereal - the cinnamon kind. And she likes these soft Meijer brand molasses cookies - she refers to them as "brown" sugar cookies. As for Maya - we learned last week that she likes broccoli! Hallelujuah - one of my kids eats a vegetable! I think she could eat a whole stalk in one sitting, but we all know that wouldn't be a good idea! She likes clementines, we just learned last week. She likes cheese. She likes p.b. & jelly sandwiches, whereas Chloe hates peanut butter & sticks to just jelly sandwiches. Maya is addicted to candy - suckers, anything chocolate... she knows where the candy bowl is at grandma & grandpa's and they try to hide it before we come over now. :) Chloe is more picky about her sweets.
3) We are obsessed lately with going to the library and getting DVD's. We used to get a ton of them each week but since Maya's b-day, we've got quite a collection of our own now and we don't get as many at our weekly library visit. Maya always has to get a Barbie video - her favorite -and Chloe and her both like My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Hello Kitty, just to name a few. :)
4) This Saturday we are going to Monkey Jump! visit: http://www.monkey-jump.com/Our_equipment.html for details about this cool place. We have never been there before - I signed up the girls for their birthday club on their website, so Maya got a postcard for 1 free hour of play (it's usually $6 for little ones) sometime in the month of March. So hopefully a few of our friends will come with us and we'll have lots of fun!
5) Chris is coming down with some dreaded sickness, as of this morning, and tonight is our small group at Church. I think I'm going to go and Chris can stay home and sleep while my sis' watches the girls. I don't want to miss it... It's small group night, not video night, so this is when we have good fellowship & discussion and I need that.
Well, I guess I'll end my rambling here. It's almost time to leave work... Perhaps I'll write again soon... but one can never tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment