Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall Fun


It's Thursday, Oct. 29... almost Halloween...

This year I took the girls to Big Lots and we went down the girls toys' aisle and came across a ton of little Barbie and Disney dress-up outfits - which are sold all year long for dress-up loving little girls... and of course they're suitable for using as Halloween outfits, too! So Maya got this adorable frilly "Barbie ballerina" outfit - which will need some thick tights and a heavy shirt to go under it... and Chloe picked out a Tinkerbell outfit (if you've seen the Tinkerbell movie, it's not actually Tinkerbell, but one of her fairy friends, so instead of green, the outfit is pink - with little wings on the back).

So we bought these almost a month ago and they've been running around wearing them from time to time. However, I made a mistake... a week or two ago, Chloe and I were baking and I said something like "you should be a baker" - and it turned into "Yeah, for Halloween!" and well, now the Tinkerbell outfit isn't her choice and she wants to be a baker. I should have figured something out by now (because once a 4 yr old gets an idea in their head, it doesn't quickly leave!) but I didn't... and now it's time for Halloween and I don't know how I can convince her to just dress up as Tinkerbell instead of a baker! She has an adorable red & white checkered apron that Chris' grandma made her, but I think in order to be seen as a baker, she'd need a little chef's hat to go with it. Simple as that. But you can't just buy a chef's hat by itself - I did find a pattern online to make one homemade - but who has time for that? So I'm saying a prayer that she'll cooperate and wear the Tinkerbell outfit. I have seen an entire "chef's outfit" sold at Toys 'R Us - but I don't want to spend another $20 or more on an outfit and I don't have time to go shopping.

Tomorrow at preschool is the Fall Fun Day - the kids will parade around in their outfits and then enjoy crafts & games in the gym and then come home. So I get to enjoy this with Chloe - since I took the day off tomorrow and worked Monday instead! Hooray for that.

And then tomorrow night at our Church is "Trunk or Treat" which I organize every year. The weather is supposed to be in the 60s, but rainy.... so PLEASE join me in praying for no rain from 7 to 7:30!! :) After kids trick or treat from car to car, we go inside and enjoy donuts, cider, hot chocolate, and some singing, a game and a Bible lesson - which I've named a "Harvest party." This part of the evening is brand new - so I hope it goes over well - with the kids & parents. :)

Saturday night we'll go trick-or-treating in our neighborhood and also go over to Chris' parents to show off the girls' outfits... and then we'll come home and hopefully remember to set our clocks back (hooray for gaining an hour on Halloween!)

As for tonight, I am finishing up at work now.. And then we'll head to Chris' parents for dinner and take our pumpkins with us to carve. :)

I better end it here... I hope you have a joyous weekend and that you're enjoying all the festivities of Fall!!

No comments: