Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hey, it's an update!

Chloe and I were in the car, driving home from preschool yesterday and I told her that our friend Erin and her baby Ellie, were at our house with Maya. My dear 4 year old then said to me, "Mom, you should have a baby. Not a pretend baby, a real baby. I got pretend babies and I'm bored with them." Ohhh, goodness... yes, if we had a baby at our house, we would surely not be bored... we would probably go a little nuts instead and then we'd definitely not be bored. haha. I also love when I'm doing something with Chloe that makes her happy (like playing a game or baking cookies) and she gets all giddy and says to me, "You're my BEST, Mom! I love you!" She means to say "You're my favorite" or something of the sort, I think, but she always says "best" instead. It's cute.

So in our world, not too much has been happening... funny to think about, cuz if that's the case, then why do I feel like I never sit down or slow down!?

Soo.. let me think... last Friday Chris and I had a date night! We hadn't had one since our anniversary get-a-way.. so it was nice. We went to Max & Erma's for dinner and splurged & split 3 different appetizers instead of ordering meals. Then we went shopping because alot of my pants from last winter don't fit anymore (ugh!) -- but eating a bunch of greasy & fattening food and then going shopping for pants is a bad idea. (duh?!) Of course none of the pants in my usual size fit me. It was depressing.. but what did I expect? I was feeling fat before I even ate dinner! So I bought one pair that was on sale and really cute, though it was hard to button around the waist! I bought them hoping I would learn to slim down (quit eating so much junk) and fit into them soon.

Speaking of slimming down... I forgot to share that over a week ago we made a big purchase and bought a Wii! Yeah, I never thought we'd do that... but of course they're much cheaper now than they used to be and we also had a coupon, so that was why we bought it when we did. So right after our dinner out & our unsuccessful shopping trip, Chris and I stopped at Toys 'R Us and bought some new games for our Wii, including Wii Fit... I know nothing about Wii or the games.... so this is a whole new world for me... but we thought buying a fitness game would be good for us since we all know Chris & I don't have time, nor do we desire to go work out at a gym in the near future! (haha.) So we have been having fun with this game and Chris is taking it more seriously than I am so far... he loves doing all that exercise stuff... I've NEVER liked exercising... I am horrible at the step aerobics and I could never do a push-up... Soo, hmm... not sure if this Wii Fit is gonna' help me fit into my new pants or not! hah.

So what else... last Saturday we all went with my Grandma to a farm market and picked out pumpkins for the girls. That was fun :) She gets these local produce coupons from the area senior's nutrition program so therefore she 'bought' the pumpkins for us and we didn't have to pay anything. That was nice!

This week I started a new routine with Chloe because she's been throwing tantrums when it's time for preschool in the morning... I really don't think it's because she HATES school, I think she is just a very stubborn 4 yr. old who doesn't want to do anything if it isn't HER idea... So when we say "It's time for school! Let's go!" the statement is always met with an adamant "I don't want to!" from Chloe. So I made a little behavior/rewards chart on Monday and wasn't sure how to do it or what the reward would be... but as of Monday, it worked. She put 2 stickers on the chart since she went to school & came home from school without tantrums and then she got a tootsie roll, which was her choice of a reward. The true test will occur when I am not the one taking her to school. She tends to be even worse when it's my Mom who is doing the taking & picking up. (Poor Grandma!) :(

Well, I am at work and things are getting busier by the minute... so I should probably end it here. I'm busy working on the November Newsletter and now a parishioner just passed away and funeral planning is happening so I have a million calls to make. :(

Hope you have a good rest of the week.... and remember to be thankful for ALL that God has blessed you with, because life is way too short.....

No comments: