Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our anniversary get-a-way!

Last weekend, September 25, I surprised my husband with a little overnight get-a-way (just 15 minutes from our house) for our 7th wedding anniversary! I had been planning this for a month and the week before it was going to happen, I had to learn to lie to him to not ruin the surprise! I'm not a good liar, so it was a long week! :) Come Friday night, he knew my awesome Mom was going to watch the girls and he thought we were simply going to dinner and a movie. So we went to Carrabba's - a wonderful and expensive Italian restaurant and it was SO delicious... and then I took him to this hotel called Belamere Suites - which is a unique place! All the suites have their own private entrances, each with their own garage and they come with a big jacuzzi tub, a huge walk-in shower, a 3-sided fireplace and a king size bed! It was really nice... except it was SO private, there was not a single window in the suite! I really didn't like not being able to see the outside world - you couldn't tell what time of day it was! But overall it was fun.. here are some pictures!


Here is the movie basket we realized we HAD to order in order to watch the dvd's I had brought... since the basket came with a dvd player. :) But for $20 we also got 4 candy bars, some twizzlers & slim jim's, 2 cans of pop, and a movie and freshly popped popcorn - all delivered to our doorstep. :) We didn't even watch the movie - their selection of movies was not good - so we just randomly picked one since it came with the package. haha. The funniest part - it turned out we didn't watch any movie after all, cuz we realized we got tons of channels and actually spent half the time watching HGTV and home shows.. haha - how romantic, right? Oh well - fun times :)
Here are some pictures of the room!






The fun jacuzzi tub, which took forever & a day to fill! :)


It was beautiful! We felt rich for a day! hehe.


Took a picture of ourselves! Aww..


The chocolate chip cookie heart I baked earlier in the day and surprised him with that night - too bad my decorating skills are severely lacking... but he laughed and loved it! (And it was pretty yummy, too!)
Well, I guess that is all for now... it's early on Saturday morning and my delicious Pillsbury orange sweet rolls just came outta' the oven and it's time to frosten them and wake up my husband for breakfast! Hope you have a good weekend!
P.S. If you have the ability to listen to the music on my playlist - the first song playing is the song we listened & danced to right after Chris proposed to me, right in my dorm room at college! And song #2 is the song we danced to for our first dance to at our wedding reception! :) Such wonderful memories...

No comments: