So it’s been a while since I’ve written – I wish there were more hours in the day!
Here’s the update on the health of our children… Since the day Maya was born she has been the complete opposite of Chloe... when it comes to her weight (she’s a little chunk!) her hair (she’s got more!)… you name it! She has also been quite the crier. Chloe was a wonderful, happy baby – and now that Maya has come along, we realize how spoiled we were having Chloe rarely cry.. And we don’t know how parents do it when they have babies that scream frequently! Finally last Friday my Mom and I were both at our wits end with Maya and I called the Dr.’s office to get advice on what to do. The nurse said she didn’t have colic because the crying fits that make up ‘colic’ occur everyday at the same time & this wasn’t the case with her. She suggested I cut all dairy products out of my diet and see if it affects her. I was NOT excited to hear this, because I am the dairy queen! I drink almost a whole gallon of milk myself in just one week and I live on cheese, milk, chocolate, ice cream… all of the above! So this was bound to be hard for me. That night I went to Meijer and bought vanilla soy milk (which I can barely stand to drink! UCK!) and I started watching what I eat. Since I usually take in SO much dairy, I decided even if I drastically reduced the amount I eat, it will probably still make a difference with Maya. So that was Friday and now it’s almost a week later, and Maya is a much happier baby! And even though I’m quite happy to report that, I’m not happy that my awful diet of ‘no dairy’ products must now continue indefinitely! (UGH!!) We are going to the Dr. next week for Maya’s check-up so we’ll have to discuss all this with the doc then…
As for Chloe.. we took her to see the gastroenterologist on Tuesday… and he didn’t see anything wrong with her, and said the reason she is probably so small (her weight is so low) is because she isn’t taking in enough calories. (And if you could see Chloe for yourself, you would see how incredibly active she is and how the few calories she takes in, she burns off right away!) But anyway, for some stupid reason, he wants to run more tests on her ‘just to be sure’ that nothing else is wrong. This makes me mad, because she has NO symptoms of any weird disease or anything being wrong, and I don’t want to waste our precious time and make Chloe endure a bunch of tests, to verify that she’s just indeed an overly active little girl who needs to eat more! UGH. So I’m going to ask the regular Dr. next week (when we take Maya in) whether she thinks we really ought to proceed with these tests. I mean, I say we just try to feed Chloe more calories and see what happens. The specialist said I could buy pediasure & try that too, which will give her more calories... So I bought some of that at the store today.
So that is the update on the children... At least Chris and I are not as stressed lately since Maya is becoming a happier baby – she even smiles and coo’s a lot now! It’s adorable! (I just have to remind myself of her ear-piercing screams every time I want to eat chocolate or have a big glass of milk!)
Anyway, on a different note… This is my last week of maternity leave. I go back to my 9 to 5 schedule starting next Weds. and will immediately start back to my normal routine of working Weds. Thurs. and Friday’s. Please say a prayer for me as I make this transition and pray for my Mom, who will be watching the girls while I’m at work. Hopefully we will both deal with this new routine well..
Tomorrow night I am looking forward to a fun evening: We are having some other couples from Church over to our house for a cook-out! I am trying to start a “small group” made up of married couples who have children who are all close in age, and are pretty much just at the same stage of life that Chris and I are. So I’m excited for that – I love hosting get together’s and hopefully it will be fun to watch our kids play together and just spend time with these nice couples who may become our close friends!!
Well, it’s my precious nap time at the moment so I better go… Hopefully it won’t be so long until the next update!
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear that the new diet is working out better for miss Maya!! It's too bad you have to give up so many good things though!!! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!! Let me know when you need another dinner alone. :)
Post a Comment