Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A long update

Well, it’s been a ‘good’ 24 hours so far. Maya actually slept from 11 pm until 4 am, which is the longest she’s slept yet, through the night. After waking up having slept 5 straight hours, I was feeling quite energized at 4 am! A typical night for Maya is her waking up exactly every 3 hours on the dot… ready to eat. She then nurses, burps, and usually poops, and then maybe wants to eat a little more before going back to sleep. This routine takes anywhere from a half hour to an hour or more. It’s awful… It’s not like you wake up every 3 hours and then go back to sleep shortly thereafter.. it’s a long, drawn-out routine. So no matter what, you’re up for a while, and especially if she doesn’t want to go back to sleep, which she does on occasion (UGH!). So anyway, I got up feeling well rested for a change… and then my Mom arrived around 9 am to help me, which she has been doing every Weds. Thurs. and Friday (just like when I work.) I look forward to these days greatly. Monday and Tuesday are my days alone with the girls and they tend to be long days. I am pretty tired by the time Chris gets home. Anyway, this morning I went shopping by myself. Yes, another ‘fun’ outing for me! I figure it’s also good for my Mom, when I leave the house, so she can get used to dealing with Chloe and Maya by herself and then perhaps it won’t be such a huge challenge when I go back to work soon.. (which by the way is probably April 25 – in just 2 weeks!) So back to my shopping adventure: I went to Kohl’s and Target… and had LOTS of fun! I spent about $30 at each store but the great news was that I only spent about a buck out of my own pocket because of various gift cards I had! YEA for me! At Kohl’s I bought Chloe a cute little pink plaid spring coat for $11 and a cute pink t-shirt for only $3, and I wandered through the misses dept. and didn’t see much of anything I really liked that was super cheap.. so I went to the junior’s dept. to humor myself and couldn’t believe the things that are in style now! haha. I talk like I’m so old or something! So I grabbed some cute, hip t-shirts to try on and on the way to the dressing room saw some cute jeans on sale for $15, so not even knowing WHAT size I am, just guessed and took in a pair with me. Well, the cute, hip t-shirts were very cute & hip, but I totally got them stuck on me!! HAHA! Yes, they were SO tight that I could barely get them off! Who was I kidding, trying them on anyway?! I almost bought one of the shirts just to wear around the house so I could feel young & cute and make Chris go crazy (hah!) but of course I’d never spend my money on something I can’t wear out of the house! So anyway, I tried the jeans on and MUCH to my surprise, they fit perfect! It is usually the WORST ordeal ever to try & buy jeans and I was excited that they actually fit! So that was what I bought myself at Kohl’s.. I was excited!
Then I went to Target, my favorite store, and I found all the t-shirts that are just plain colored and more my style (not super hip!) and there were TONS of them.. so I tried on like, 6, and ended up buying 3! Two of them were on clearance, and one was on sale, so they were only about $6 a piece! YEA! I also bought Chloe some new socks.. I know, exciting… and I also found some baby food on clearance and bought some of that for real cheap. (I love finding deals!) And that was about it… I had so much fun and I am SO excited to have new clothes, especially jeans!! Lately I feel like I LIVE in my furry sweat pants – I’ve got a million pair – and old t-shirts. It’s nice to have new clothes!

Anyway, back on the home front… I wrote before how our marriage was taking the biggest hit now that we have 2 kids, and so Chris and I decided we needed to go out alone last weekend. We tried the bottle with Maya last Fri. night and she took it well (YEA!) and to us that meant we could venture out of the home together without her! So last Saturday Chris’ brother’s fiancé, Merin, came over for an hour & a half and watched both kids by herself! (She has LOTS of experience with taking care of newborns and multiple children and she is SUPER awesome with Chloe so we completely trusted her!) It was wonderful – Chris and I went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner and we even sat next to each other (you know how some couple’s do that and it looks funny? hehe.. well, that was us!) It was a good meal and then we went to Wal-Mart and bought a few necessities before coming home. The time went WAY too quickly but we didn’t want to leave Merin home with the girls TOO long and have her not want to watch them again! hehe. So anyway, it was a good time… even though Chris can’t seem to shake the bad attitude he has lately and it was kind of annoying. He is so busy with work lately, on top of not getting any sleep and it’s just really taking its toll on him. It seems we fight more than anything lately and I hate it. It’s the worst by the time 9 p.m. rolls around, or in the middle of the night when Maya is having a screaming fit for hours on end and no one or nothing can console her.. We yell and argue and it’s terrible.

I don’t feel like writing about that anymore, though… So I guess I’ll leave you with a picture taken on Easter. Ours went well... we ate too much and enjoyed time spent with family, although it was very tiring! We didn’t take this family photo till late in the day, WAY past Chloe’s naptime, so she doesn’t look too happy (she started crying when we sat down to take it!) Anyway, hope you’ve enjoyed this long update!



No comments: