Monday, April 30, 2007

A new week

Well, we had an eventful weekend... Friday night Chris brought home Max & Erma's for dinner - that was wonderful.. and I decided since I wanted to go shopping really bad that we should just go, as a family, and not think about how difficult it might be! I feel like that's the major hindrance of doing anything lately and it gets old feeling like you can't go places because you are concerned about who's gonna' get hungry when, who might throw a tantrum, or have a crying fit, and whether you might have to cut your shopping trip short... I decided to throw all those worries out the window and just go somewhere! So we went, all 4 of us, shopping! It was fun.. I bought Chloe some cute new clothes, some at the consignment store for real cheap and other stuff I bought new... and for the most part she behaved while we shopped! We stopped on the way home at the expensive ice cream place, which usually would be SO exciting & such a treat for me, but not this time, since I'm limiting my dairy intake! We went because Chris wanted it SOO badly so I gave in to his desire and we splurged on it. We got 2 bowls but I only had maybe 5 bites and Chris and Chloe ate the rest. It was a sad moment for me! How will I ever last ALL summer long without my many trips out for ice cream??? It's going to be very rough.

Anyway, Saturday morning we went shopping again... and having all this time as a family was a wonderful thing for me. It was a nice balance because usually I am taking care of the girls all weekend alone, as Chris works around the house on various projects, and at least this weekend he gave up some of his 'work' time to spend time with all of us and therefore I could do things I always want to do, like shop! So it was a nice time and I didn't feel resentful during the many other hours Chris spent doing his own thing around the house. I was glad at least I got to do what I wanted to do for part of the weekend!

Well, it's about time for bed so I'm gonna' cut this short and go.. But I'll leave you with these cute pictures of our girls!
Chloe is officially 21 months now and Maya is 7 weeks old!

No comments: