Thursday, April 5, 2007

Two outings in one day, without my children!

So today I had another fun day.. If I only post when I have these, y'all are gonna' think life is nothing but a piece of cake here for me! hehe. (But trust me, this is not the case!)

Anyway, my friend Erin from Church had the day off today (she's a teacher) and so her and I went out to lunch to Max & Erma's.. I had a yummy half sandwich & salad and then splurged and got the sundae bar, which was super delicious! I left Chloe & Maya home with my Mom and she even attempted to put them both down for a nap by the time I got home! Needless to say, I think she realized how hard it is to take care of both girls on her own. (Below is a picture of my Mom with the girls about 2 weeks ago!)
I also had to go in to work this morning for about 45 minutes to sign some checks, and so my Mom got quite her fill of 'alone' time with the girls today, which I'm sure wore her out! And on top of that, she also has manged to do a wonderful job tidying up my house while I've taken these outings! (I'm telling you, my Mom is amazing!) So tomorrow (Good Friday) we are having the rest of my family over for Easter dinner! It just happened to be the most convenient time this weekend for us all to get together -- Friday at lunch time! So we are trying to clean the house up so it looks nice! It will be just my mom and her husband, and my sister & hers, and also my sister's husband's sister (confused yet?!) and her boyfriend, who will happen to be in town visiting them! So there will be 8 adults total, along with Chloe and Maya... and it should be fun. I like having people over for a big, good meal! Today I am making a banana cream pie and a chocolate chip cookie pie... which hopefully will turn out good! I love to bake!

Well, little Maya is waking up and is quite hungry so I must go now! Hope your Easter is blessed!

No comments: