Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday morning

So it’s 8:45 on Saturday morning and the rest of the family is still asleep! Amazing, eh? Even Chloe! She went to bed at 9:00 last night and slept ALL night without wandering into our room and having to be put back into bed!!! I’m excited for that. So you probably wonder why am I awake if everyone’s still sleeping? Well, I figured I would make a nice breakfast while I had the chance. So I made my upside-down apple pancake recipe (which I made once when I was pregnant) for breakfast this morning! It’s in the oven right now….

Anyway, last night we had some couples over from Church, like I wrote about in my last entry. In a nutshell, it ended up being pretty chaotic. When you get four 1 ½ and 2 year olds together, it is QUITE noisy, and quite a show to watch to them play together (or try to!) Chloe was really cute at first, she cornered the one little girl who is the exact height and weight as her and just wanted love on her & give her hugs! The little girl had a scared look on her face, like what is this girl doing to me!? It was funny & cute. So the whole point of the evening was to get to know the other couples a little better, and it seems every time a meaningful conversation started, I had to go feed Maya or she was crying/screaming and I didn’t get to participate in the conversation. So that was really disappointing. It was like just because I had been telling everyone how much better Maya was doing and how she was hardly crying anymore, she cried the whole evening! It was awful. So anyhow, everyone came over at 6:30 and left by 8:05 because some of the kids were getting tired/cranky. So next time around, I think we should get together on a Saturday, earlier in the day and just order pizza (which would be easier than everyone bringing a dish and making hamburgers on the grill, saving us all some stress) and then the kids would get to play together much more than they did last night. It was like we raced around preparing/eating dinner and then everyone went home! I felt bad about that. It was nice, though, having these other couples here to talk to and hang out with. I almost wish, though, that we would’ve had a babysitter on hand so we could actually talk more together! It felt like we were all referee’s as we tried to talk AND watch the children race all over the house!

So that’s the night in a nutshell… Tonight we get to go bowling with some other friends from Church and we’re taking Chloe & Maya to Chris’ parents – so I’m excited to actually do something fun without screaming children involved!

Well, the breakfast is almost ready so I better go!! Hope you enjoy this nice Spring weather this weekend!!

1 comment:

merin1011 said...

Let me know if you have another get together and want some help for the kids. I'd come and maybe drag Joe along too. :)