Friday, November 7, 2008

More picture pages :)

Can you tell I love posting pictures?
Since the border in Chloe's room turned out so cute, I decided to buy some for Maya's room (the picture above), so soon we will transition from the "blue and yellow moon & stars" theme to a flowery little girl theme for Maya! How fun!
One day a while back I got the paints out and the girls did hand-prints.. Chloe did foot prints, too, but I wasn't going to venture that far with Maya who would inevitably make a mess. :)
I didn't take a picture of Chloe's, but here is Maya's.. to match her room, of course.


And remember the little name plate I made for Chloe's room with pink & green paint?

I decided to do one for Maya too.. The flowers are stickers, but they almost look hand-painted! I'm glad it turned out cute.

A silly Maya 'reading' the little kid Bible on sister's bed..

The finished look in Chloe's room! Oh, and you can see her hand-print painting on the toy shelf...
My Mom came up last Saturday morning and hung all the border. I was so excited!



Our next step is to paint and install the new white moldings around the doors & window..




Maya & Chloe cuddling up on the couch one night. :)


So here I sit at 9:15 at night, pondering getting into bed very shortly! Sleep has been bad lately, since a few days ago Maya came down with yet another cold - this time it's an awful cough and a runny nose. So one night she was awake for almost 2 hours coughing, until I finally took her in the bathroom and turned the shower on and the steam helped her breathe better. The next day I went to work and my mom called at nap time and Maya was coughing so bad she kept throwing up (yes, ick) so I left work & took her to the Dr. She checked out fine, but the Dr. suggested that benadryl would help and that her coughing was probably from all the sinus drainage... so I got some at Kroger on the way home and it has helped greatly.. which surprised me. Now as I type this, Chloe is laying in bed coughing. GREAT. They've been passing back different cold viruses for the last 3 months it seems and it's getting pretty old. I hope our entire Winter isn't like this!
Anyway, not much else to write about... We had parent/teacher conferences at preschool on Thursday. When I first heard about this I thought it sounded silly, for such a young age, but I am really glad they do it now. Otherwise you don't know how your child is really doing. They had an evaluation day at some point and kinda' graded each child in many different ways and it was interesting to see all the results! For the most part, Chloe is a normal 3 year old! She doesn't want to clean-up after their free play time (most kids her age don't I guess) and she has a hard time being real quiet and listening during story time, because as her teacher tells me, "Chloe is very sociable." haha. I guess she is a talker and makes friends easily and even at story time she wants to keep chatting with her friends. :) Sometimes she wants to lay on the floor instead of sit during the story, but when they ask her to sit up, she does so. Yes, these are the issues you discuss at 3 yr. old parent/teacher conferences. haha. We also went over important stuff, like whether Chloe is learning her alphabet & days of the week and shapes... And most of those we just need to work on. But from my perspective, I know she is growing & learning alot, because when I ask her to say the alphabet or days of the week, she does MUCH better since she's been in school! So I was highly impressed with this entire binder full of information that the teacher went over with us and I left feeling pretty good about my little girl.. (or, big girl.) :)
Well, I don't feel like typing much else, and I feel so much better when I get a good night's rest, so I think I'll get in bed now (at only 9:30!)
Have a good weekend...

No comments: