So it's snowing right now, as I sit here at work, and it's actually sticking to the ground in most areas... (Despite the words in the song that is playing, I am really not saying "Let it snow!" right now.)
Well, just thought I'd tell you what's been going on in our lives lately... Last weekend Chris and I got to go out by ourselves on Saturday night, while his Mom & brother took care of the girls.. We went to Mancino's for dinner which was wonderful - I got a 'pizza grinder' which I'd never had before and it was SOO good - I even ate almost the whole thing, and it's huge! Then we went to Target and Chris loaded up on some movies which we don't need... and then it was off to the Christian Book Store where I got some awesome books that were super duper on sale (can't tell you which since they're going to be presents!) and I also bought this book called "Love and Respect" which is all about marriage and how the #1 thing a husband needs is respect and the #1 thing a wife needs is love.. and how each of you can receive both! I haven't read alot of it yet, but I'm excited about it - it's really good so far. I've still been committed to reading my "Power of a Praying Wife" book each night before bed & praying for my husband (as well as everything else in my life!) and it's been awesome. I continue to attest to you that yes, prayer is the most powerful thing ever... and is most powerful when you pray with a proper heart attitude. And it's so relaxing and wonderful that I find that when I'm done praying and I get in bed, I usually fall asleep right away now... unlike before when at times I would lay there forever, just trying to stop my head from thinking so I could fall asleep! It's amazing how calming it is to take time to talk to God.. especially when you feel like you don't have time. There are many nights that it's rolling on 11:00 and I'm SOOO exhausted & I just want to get in bed, but I know if I don't read & pray, that Satan will get that foothold in my life and who knows what can happen, then... So I stop & pray, even if it's a short prayer, because no matter what, God is hearing me.
On Tuesday after pre-school, me & the girls met my Mom and step-Dad for lunch at Bob Evans. That was a blessing to me. It's not often I get to go to a nice restaurant (and Bob Evans is one of my favorites!) :) I have been in the habit the past 2 weeks or so of taking the girls to McDonald's on Tuesday's after picking up Chloe, and that's been chaotic! The drive-thru line is usually jam-packed so I venture inside with the girls & we sit in a booth & eat... which is an adventure. Our last 2 visits, for some reason only OUR order took a super long time... They have fun, though... eating french fries, getting a toy (we just order 1 happy meal since Maya doesn't eat much) and we also get those apple dippers which are fun. So that's my treat, for me, and the kids... though at times it feels a little more stressful than it's worth. :)
This week Chris has actually accomplished some things around the house (I'm telling you, it's the power of prayer!) And my bathroom floor tiles are finally grouted which looks amazing - and I have a new perfectly working faucet in my kitchen (it hasn't worked properly since it was installed many months ago)... So that is exciting for me. Yes, winter brings my husband indoors to work, so at least we get to see him more. He is also in the process of painting the white moldings to be installed in Chloe's room, so it will finally be done and I'll just need to finish hanging things on her walls.
I can't believe I haven't shared this yet... Last week I made lasagna for the 1st time ever! Let me tell you, I've always LOVED baking, but watch out world, I'm starting to venture into the cooking world! So yes, I made lasagna for dinner one night and it tasted wonderful, but was WAY too soupy - and I've already received lots of advice on how to fix that. :) It makes me feel SOO good when I bake something wonderful or cook a good meal... I am also enjoying the"Food Network" channel on TV lately - - last Saturday Maya woke up at 7 a.m. and I brought her out to the family room and we laid on the couch for an hour, watching Rachel Rae cook a "Thanksgiving Meal in 60 minutes!" haha. It was fun. I also love watching "Take Home Chef" on TLC on Monday & Tuesday's, when Maya wakes up from nap, once again, we lay on the couch for a long time watching it together, until Chloe wakes up. :)
So I've been baking my usual cookies or some kind of treat just for us, on Mon. or Tues. each week, and then Weds. night we usually bake some kind of dessert to take to our Thursday night dinner at the in-laws. I've been trying new recipes lately, so that's been fun, and for some reason Chris' mom really enjoys my bringing a new dessert each week! It's wonderful, and it helps my self-esteem. (As long as the dessert turns out good, that is!)
So for Christmas I'm telling everyone to just go down the baking aisle at the store and buy me whatever - interesting muffin pans, cake pans, you name it... That's what would make me happy.
Anyway, now it's the start of another weekend, and tomorrow, Saturday, we're going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my Mom & step-Dad's house. Usually my Mom cooks everything (cuz she's SO awesome!) but since I love cooking so much lately, I told her I'd make homemade stuffing (outta' the way Stove Top! haha) and I'm also gonna' take some rolls (sorry, just Pillsbury frozen ones, which are way delicious, though!) and also a pumpkin pie! So you know what I'll be doing tonight & tomorrow... I'm thrilled, cuz I love eating. haha. We usually do our Thanksgiving the week before, so we don't have a couple days in a row of eating big meals. Tomorrow night we're also going to do something crafty (my crazy idea) and my Mom bought stockings for all of us and we are going to use glue & glitter to write our names on the stockings and then hang them on their fireplace! I thought the girls would love that, and then we can all buy each other stocking stuffers and it will make it seem like we're getting more gifts since we don't usually buy each other that much. :) I think the girls will love it!
Well, my hands are tired of typing.. can you believe it? I hope you have a wonderful weekend...
No comments:
Post a Comment