Today I attended the funeral of a woman who attends the Church I work at, who was quite dear to me. She was the nicest lady ever and she came in every Weds. to sit at my desk & answer the phone while I attended our Staff meeting. She had two grandkids just about the same ages as Chloe & Maya and we shared lots of stories back & forth, and pictures. Long story short, she was in perfect health (for an 83 year old) until one month ago and after just being diagnosed with lymphoma about 2 weeks ago, she passed away in her sleep suddenly just last week. She was positive through all the Dr’s visits & tests, though nervous, and the Dr.’s were giving her a bright outlook despite having lymphoma. So everyone here at the Church was surprised & saddened to learn of her death. I was deeply moved by her death. I’m not sure why… but it has been on the forefront of my thoughts ever since it happened - I just keeping thinking of her. It makes me scared to pieces to think of how I will deal with the death of someone VERY close to me, when this woman’s death is hitting me this hard. I cried when I found out she died and I cried at her funeral today, which was an amazing service. I am just sad, sad that I didn’t get the chance to tell her just how much I appreciated her...
I know God is trying to teach me something through all this and I've been praying that my heart & my eyes would continue to be open to the ways in which He can use this wonderful woman's death, to help me grow...
1 comment:
Sorry for the loss of your friend Kim. Even 80+ years doesn't seem long enough sometimes!
take care,
Heather
Post a Comment