
So it's Monday & naptime... so of course I'll try & make this short & sweet so I can take a nap!
So on Saturday morning my Mom came up and gave Chris & I haircut's... We both realllly needed them and I got mine spontaneously cut short, as if it's time for my summer 'do already. I woke up in a really bad mood Sat. morning. I think part of it had to do with seeing the ground snow-covered again. UGH. I'm so sick of Winter already! I guess I thought the short haircut would make me feel better. I don't think it worked, but I like it anyhow.
Saturday itself was uneventful - but praise the Lord that late in the day, Chris' parents agreed to take care of the kids for the evening.. that was very nice. We went to Panera for dinner and then to Kohl's cuz I had a coupon to use... but I ate too much at Panera and ended up spending my shopping time in the bathroom instead! UGH. Yeah. So I didn't get anything - Chris got some jeans and a few shirts and we bought a $3 shirt for Chloe that was cute & that as it. So it wasn't a real fun evening since I wasn't feeling well.
On Sunday we went to Church and then I went to Erin's house at noon for a "pregnancy party" she was throwing - she invited a bunch of her friends who have kids over so she could ask us all Mom questions and it was lots of fun! I really knew only 1 other Mom there, so it was fun getting to know some new people and sharing personal stories of our births and babies and raising kids! I left the 'party' a little early so I could get home in time to put the girls to bed for naps and to take a nap myself since I'm still dealing with a cold. My throat is better but I have some runny/stuffy nose issues and I'm tired.
So anyway, that was pretty much our weekend in a nutshell. I have yet to get Chris his ice cream cupcakes - I hope to make it to Cold Stone today or tomorrow. Better late than never, right? He already knows I'm going to get them for him, but it's still a treat.
So I'm making this new recipe in the slow cooker today and it's brown sugar chicken with some odd ingredients like white wine vinegar and cloves of garlic and some sprite and lots of brown sugar and well after cooking for an hour, I checked on it to find my garlic had turned blue! It was sooo icky & weird looking and I did some research and found there is copper in the vinegar that reacts with something in the garlic, causing it to turn into "blue copper sulfate" but it is perfectly okay to eat... but rather strange looking! It's not as blue now, a few hours later, so maybe it will be normal looking by dinner time - we can only hope! My whole house reeks of garlic and vinegar and it is kinda' grossing me out - so I'm praying it is good somehow! Amanda says it will be - so I'm trusting her! :)
Last bit of news - today I threw all the bottles & nipples in a bag and hid them and told Maya no more "ba ba"... YES what a big deal this is. I have been praying real hard since I decided that today was it... And no matter how hard it was going to be, I was going to be strong and make her drink her milk from a cup! I have the end in sight -- hopefully getting to sleep through the night in the near future when she no longer needs her bottle of milk to fall asleep! So keep us in your prayers... I think I may be in for a LONG night tonight. Today has went good so far, I'm completely amazed - everytime she wants her "ba ba" I set out all 100 sippy cups and let her choose one to hold her milk and she likes that. So I've got 50 dirty sippy cups in my sink now cuz she wants to change her cup every 10 minutes - but it's better than the alternative.
So, I'm off to take a nap now. Have a good week...
No comments:
Post a Comment