Saturday, June 20, 2009

We made it - finally!

Our internet access is being provided via a cord attached to Chris' cell phone - I tell ya, technology! :) So yes, I am writing from Mackinaw City. Anyway, we left today at 11:45 or so and made it here by 5:45 - WHAT a long trip!!! We had McDonald's in the car at lunch time and it was not good for me... combine fast food with too much movement dealing with the girls in the car, and a tendency toward car sickness, and well, we had to make our first stop sooner than later, at a Target where I almost got sick. It was truly awful. When we got back in the car, I closed my eyes and tried to relax (of course I also prayed real hard in the Target restroom that God would NOT let me get sick) and after closing my eyes in the car for a while, I finally felt better. And then we realized our GPS cord was broken when the power just shut off on it, so stop #2 was at Wal-Mart... In between the 2 stops, Maya had taken a 45 minute nap --- ugh, she should've slept MUCH longer -- so we got a new cord for the GPS so we wouldn't get lost on the way -- and then we kept driving. Then Chloe had to go potty, so we had to stop again, this time at a gas station. At least by then, though, I was feeling much better. I just ate plenty of saltines & water most of the afternooon. The girls were not too bad, but Chloe kept saying over & over "It's too long to Mackinaw Island" or something of the sort... and was whiny alot.

When we finally arrived at our house, we unpacked the van and then got right back in it, to drive 10 mins. to the city and have dinner, which was at our fav. pizza place for pizza and salad...

Afterward we got Chloe & Maya their first ice cream treat of the week and watched some neat kites flying in the park by the water, and by then it was 8:00 - so we headed back home to tuck the girls in bed. Now it's 10:15 and I'm surely ready for bed myself!!!

As soon as I get some pic's loaded - I will share them with you. :) Please continue praying for us!

No comments: