"Mom! I took a picture of myself!" - Cute little Chloe
Daddy holding Maya and walking with Chloe, at the park where we picnicked in Cheboygan :)
The sunset one night...

Daddy holding Maya and walking with Chloe, at the park where we picnicked in Cheboygan :)
The view while bike riding around the Island...
Our favorite home away from home :)

Our favorite home away from home :)
So we went to Cheboygan yesterday. We ate sandwiches at the park where plenty of people were swimming in the lake, since it's been SO hot here lately. We definitely didn't pack for 85 degree weather! We thought it'd be much cooler up here. I had to buy myself and the girls some tank tops 'n shorts at Wal-Mart since I'd mostly packed t-shirts and capri pants. Oh well though :)
Last night for dinner we went to a restaurant we'd never been to before in Mackinaw City - it was reallly smoky inside though, so we chose to eat on the patio (I kinda' forced that decision which some people were not too happy about I think, since it was terribly warm, but I didn't want to inhale cigarette smoke the whole meal!) The meal was pretty good.. I got a large salad (trying to make up for the fudge & ice cream we eat alot of the time).
Today we went to Sault Ste. Marie... to see the Soo Locks. I had never known how Locks work or what they were, so I learned alot... we got to see a few boats go through the Locks and even waited until 1:30 pm just to see a huge freighter from China pass through! Chris was really glad we stayed to see that. It did mean we sorta' had ice cream for lunch, though!
Tonight we went back into town for dinner to a little homecooked food restaurant and then we went to the park by the bridge and walked around for a bit before coming back home.
Tomorrow I think we're going to Pond Hill Farm - a place I found in a brochure here and then I found it online and it sounds fun, really fun for the girls especially. :) Here's the website:
Well, I'm off to bed now... been going to bed WAY too late and being woken up way too early, by the sunrise at 6 am!
No comments:
Post a Comment