My darling little girls - with the Mackinaw Bridge in the background.
Feeding the sheep at Pond Hill Farm. :)
Me and Chris - at the pier in Cheboygan.

Feeding the sheep at Pond Hill Farm. :)
Me and Chris - at the pier in Cheboygan.
Our vacation is coming to an end... it's late Friday night and I'm ready for bed.
Yesterday we went to the farm I talked about - it was a long drive there after a few wrong turns and it was fun for the girls to feed goats, pigs, chickens, sheep and cows.. but after 10 mins. that was about the end of the excitement! So then we drove into the town of Harbor Springs for lunch, but found nothing but little expensive looking restaurants so we came home instead and had a late lunch of left-overs from the fridge and we threw some hot dogs on the grill. Later for dinner we had teriyaki chicken on the grill, mashed potatoes & salad. It was good... Then we went into town for no reason at all and ended up buying another kite and we flyed our 2 kites by the water and the ferry docks. It was fun for everyone. :)
Today was our final trip to the Island. We rented bikes again, shopped a ton, ate more ice cream and exhausted ourselves, long story short. :) We got home, took naps from 4:30 to 5:30 then went back into town for dinner... we found a nice little cafe with soup, salads & panini's - which was a wonderful meal... I LOVED the tasty grilled cheese with chips & a pickle. It hit the spot for some reason. :) Then we purchased a million dollars worth of fudge (or so it felt like) and came home and started to pack things up. The Schrinel's are amazing and efficient packers (I know where Chris gets his organized packing skills now - his Mom!) and we are good to go in the morning... except we have to wash ALL the bedding and towels, which takes a LONG time, so we won't be leaving probably till about lunch time.
We'll stop on our way home for our traditional dinner at Bob Evans - which we do every year on our way home from vacation. It makes us get home later, which makes me grumpier - cuz you get to the point that you JUST want to be home already (after 5 hours of driving). But oh well... eating out is nice.
I guess I am gonna' end it here... I would post more pictures but I realllly want to go to sleep now. Will try & find time to post once we're home! Pray for safe travels for us, please. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment