Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Mid-Week Update

Oh my, it is super quiet in the Office today so I haven’t done much of anything - but oh well. I went to Barry Bagel’s for lunch - we never seem to have ‘lunch food’ for me at our house. Chris doesn’t eat lunch during the week - too busy I guess - and since we always take the girls with us to the store on Sunday’s, we are always rushing and I always forget about buying things for my lunch. So I’ve spent too much money eating out lately, during my work week of Weds. - Friday and I’ll have to remember this Sunday to buy things for myself!

So I have a lot of updating to do! Last Saturday we didn’t go swimming at my Aunt’s because the water was still feeling chilly I guess… but I couldn’t stand the thought of having nothing fun to look forward to on Saturday so we called Chris’ parents and they were able to watch the girls so we could go out for a quick dinner date! We ended up at Applebee’s cuz of course, I had a coupon and we even got ‘dessert shooters’ after our meal for 1.99 which was a fun little treat.. (basically ice cream or chocolate mousse, or whatever flavor you pick, in a little shot glass!)

Sunday it was very warm again, and after the girls woke up from naps, we headed for my Aunts house. We assumed the water would still be cold, but my aunt’s husbands’ grand-daughter was over (who is the same age as Maya) so we figured they could all run through the sprinkler or something and it would still be fun for them. Well, it turns out my wonderful Aunt went to Wal-Mart that afternoon and bought a kiddie pool just for these children, so all 3 girls got to swim in the little pool (and of course I did, too, since I was steaming hot! haha). And then I ventured to the big pool and realized it was VERY warm so we all got to swim in the big pool, too! The girls loved it - neither of them were afraid of the water and just squealed with excitement the whole time! They both loved jumping in into my arms, off the deck! Maya didn’t even have ‘swimmies’ on so we all had to keep a very close eye on her! It was a wonderful time, and after about an hour, we had hot dogs on the grill and lots of good fruit & veggies and the girls played inside for a little while. It was so much fun and we can’t wait to go back!

On Monday morning, I packed up the girls and we went to Wal-Mart to buy the exact same kiddie pool my Aunt had, but of course they were all out! After my Mom checked the Wal-Mart by her house, she found out there is only 1 Wal-Mart in the area that has this particular pool left and so my Mom might stop by that store on her way home sometime to pick it up for us. :) So after our boring Wal-Mart trip, I took the girls to the consignment store for kids clothes and I got 5 new pairs of plain colored shorts for the girls (yes, Chloe still fits into size 12 and 18 months shorts at almost 3 yrs. old! It’s awesome to know I’m buying shorts that will fit both of them, but crazy to think about!) While we were shopping there, Chloe had an accident and we had a fun time changing her underwear & shorts in this tiny little messy bathroom - Maya kept pulling everything out of the diaper bag and throwing it on the dirty floor! UGH! I used every wipe in the diaper bag just trying to keep everyone’s hands, arms, legs, feet, etc. ‘sanitized’ during this bathroom adventure! hah. We left with 5 pairs of shorts, a cute new t-shirt for Chloe and an adorable denim dress for Maya with a matching little denim underpant cover for $16. It was a good trip. :)

Monday night I had my book study and that was a welcome getaway from home for the evening… (The weekend was very long since Chris worked most of it at his brothers house and we didn’t see him much - ugh). So I surely needed a break come Monday evening!

On Tuesday we got to do something new & exciting - run through the sprinkler! This was the first day in a while that was finally nice - and not too hot - in fact after 20 minutes of playing in the sprinkler, the girls were getting goose-bumps! Last year Chloe was very ‘water-shy’ but this year she loves it! I was even amazed that at such an early age, Maya loved getting soaking wet! As soon as I turned on the sprinkler, she ran into the streams of water face first! And kept doing it! She was soaked in the first 2 minutes of my turning it on! haha. Chloe was a little more cautious - running around the sides of the water streams and not through the middle of it - but they both had tons of fun.

In other news - we’re trying to wean Maya from drinking so much milk during the day. She isn’t a good eater so I figured if we cut out half the milk she drinks, she will be so hungry that she’ll be more open to trying new foods & will soon be getting filled up with food instead of drink! And I hope once that happens, she will start sleeping better through the night. She still keeps waking up 1 or more times and will whine & cry until you give her a bottle of milk.

Well, I guess there isn’t too much else to write about… soon I will try & post pictures of our swimming play-date and sprinkler fun! Have a good day...

No comments: