Chris took this picture of the girls on Monday night when I was at my book study. Don't ask me what Chloe's facial expression means... but it's still cute.
Fun in the sprinkler for the first time!

Maya running in the sprinkler face first...
So it's Friday night and time for bed... thought I'd update real quick, though. Tonight around dinner time we were expecting a storm so we ended up eating dinner at home instead of getting "take out" food. And Chris had a guy coming over around 5 for an interview; a guy he used to work with before he opened his own company. I'd never met the guy before, but he seemed reallly nice - which impressed me. So I made spaghetti and garlic toast for dinner and dinner was served and sat on the stove for a while, and then finally put away in the fridge - and around 6:45 Chris and the new guy came up from the basement - and Chris was able to eat dinner finally! What is amazing is that I felt led to say a little prayer right before the guy arrived at our house - that if it was God's will for us to hire him, it would all work out... and wouldn't you know it, it did! This guy will start to work for us in 2 weeks, which is when we return from vacation. How wonderful! He is an actual electrician and he seems very nice and reliable - and Chris seemed like a different person after the guy left. He said he felt like a huge weight had just been lifted off his shoulders. I thought that was interesting. But I'm glad to hear it! We've just been needing a good qualified electrician for SO long and some of Chris' current employees are just screwing up jobs repeatedly, so now he can finally let one of the guys go.. And now Chris just has to figure out how to 'fire' someone, which is going to be hard for him.
Anyway, tonight in the midst of this long interview, Maya fell asleep laying on my chest while we watched a movie which NEVER happens, so I started to worry... I mean, she was cranky as usual before falling asleep, but she doesn't usually lay on my lap like that and fall asleep randomly in the evening. When she woke up, she felt kinda' sweaty I thought... but then she continued feeling warm & I determined she must have a fever. I didn't bother taking her temp. because I knew she'd make it next to impossible to do :) and with my keen motherly instinct (hah), I already knew it was a fever and supposedly it doesn't really matter the exact temperature the fever is, unless it gets to the point that she is really burning up - then I would've done my best to take it! So anyway, I gave her some tylenol and when that kicked in, she was fine. She had no other symptoms, so I assumed it was just teething that was giving her the fever. (Hello - the poor girl still only has 2 teeth! They've got to be coming in all at once or something!!) So then at 8:00 we all went to Meijer cuz Maya was seeming much better and we needed to buy some whole milk which the girls had run out of, and some other things in order for me to make my Dad a father's day treat on Saturday. We are having him and my step-Mom over for dinner, so that will be nice. As for tomorrow morning, my Mom is coming up and I'm getting a haircut - something short & easy to do while we're on vacation! I can't believe we leave next weekend already, it hardly seems possible!!
Well, I could probably keep writing but I'm feeling tired and it's almost 11:00 (ugh!) so I better go get some sleep. The good news is that since we've been feeding Maya more food and less milk during the daylight hours, she is waking up less during the nighttime hours and requiring less milk through the night! YEA! She is still pretty picky when it comes to eating, but it'll get better with time I presume...
Okay, goodnight now...

No comments:
Post a Comment