Monday, December 1, 2008

Another week begins

I hope you had a nice long weekend! Our Thanksgiving went well... We went to Chris' grandparents for lunch at 12:30 - and after I ate Maya actually fell asleep and slept upstairs on Grandma & Grandpa's bed for an hour! That was surprising, since it's so noisy and full of commotion that it's hard for her to fall asleep. I didn't know what to do with myself with no kids to take care of (Chloe was busy with the little girls). We left there around 3'ish and as soon as we got home we got everyone into nap mode (even Maya again) and we all slept till around 5:30... Then we packed up the girls again and took them to Chris' parents who babysat while Chris & I went to the movies! (Wow! A trip to the expensive movie theatre twice in one year! haha) We were blessed that Chris' sister Allison has a boyfriend who works there and so he got us free movie tickets. We saw "Four Christmases" with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughan. It was alright. (Of course in my mind, nothing will compare to an awesome Christian movie like Fireproof. :) So anyhow, we laughed, we had fun, and we ate $25 worth of movie theatre food (we hadn't eaten since our turkey dinner at lunch time!) and it was a fun date night.

On Friday Chris didn't get up early to shop - he stopped at Meijer late in the morning and got a few things for the girls - like a Little Mermaid bath toy for half price and some huge coloring books for half price.. but that was it. He spent most of the day working, unfortunately. Friday evening I was longing to get out of the house so we took Chloe down to my Grandma's house and then Chris and Maya & I went to Menard's and Target. We didn't get much, but it was fun just having one child with us. And Chloe had fun helping Great-Grandma decorate their little tree while we were gone.

On Saturday we had a bridal shower for my cousin and my sister and I helped with it so we got there around 11:15 and was there till 2:45... I even took Chloe with me and Chris stayed home with Maya, so she got some undivided attention from Daddy. :) We took the portable DVD player with us to the shower so Chloe and some other little girls sat in the room next to the shower and watched videos most of the time. It worked out well and lots of great aunt's & cousins got to see her, so it was nice. It was a very long day, and Saturday night we spent the evening moving furniture around in our family room preparing for our Christmas tree...

On Sunday after Church it was time for our usual tradition of packing up the big truck and driving to MI to get our tree, along with Chris' parents & brother. Unfortunately it was pouring down rain and Chris kept checking the radar on his phone and he claimed it would turn to snow by the time we got to the tree farm, but it didn't. So it was pouring and soggy & cold and during the 40 min. drive there Maya had fallen asleep, so once we arrived, the girls & I just stayed in the truck while Chris looked for a tree on his own, along with his parents & Alex. The last 2 years we got a massive tree and I usually had a large say in what tree we got, so this year it was going to be entirely up to Chris. All 3 of them were sopping wet & freezing once the tree's were cut & ready to go, and I was sore from sitting in the truck for so long. And Chloe had to poop and there was no potty chair and nowhere to potty. I put a diaper on her while she stood up on Daddy's seat, but once it was on she said she didn't have to go. She was giggling though talking about pooping in the truck and how it was going to smell and how Daddy would laugh. (I knew otherwise, though!) Oh dear. So then we went home and took some more naps and after the girls got in bed that night, Chris brought the tree in from the garage and oh my, is it small! Apparently this was our last year going to that tree farm cuz there just isn't much left and there wasn't much to choose from. (Amen, I say, cuz that's just a long drive!) So it's kinda' nice having a smaller tree, since it won't take up SO much room and the girls still have plenty of room to play. I like it and I think it'll look nice once it's decorated. It's just funny that Chris is just about taller than it.

Anyway, now it's Monday and I'm excited about decorating for Christmas.. hopefully tonight we can decorate the tree, at least with lights. However, we left our camera at Chris' grandparents house on Thanksgiving, so until we go get it back, I don't have any pictures to share! Hopefully we'll get it soon.. since we can't decorate the tree without it!

On a side note, I ask that you pray for my Grandma's husband, Bob, who is not doing well.. He hasn't eaten much the last few days and is getting really weak and also has some other symptoms that are NOT good, so in a little while they're taking him to the Dr. who may just send him to the ER. We'll see... Please pray...

No comments: