Well it's Friday, and almost time to leave work. It's been a short day for me... We got a nice mixture of ice, sleet & snow thru the night, which made driving treacherous this morning, so I stayed home until noon and then came into work. So I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat & a runny 'n stuffy nose so I guess the cold that I have warded off for the past few months is finally here. I do not want to be sick for Christmas so I am going to keep taking my vitamin C and hope that it won't get worse. I am not hopeful, though. I think the stress of the season is getting to me and it makes my immune system not so strong..
So yesterday was Chloe's Christmas program at preschool - it was very cute - but after the first 2 songs or so, she realized the barrette I had put in her hair was falling out, yet it was still stuck in a strand of her hair, which compltely bothered her (oh, hello, sensory issues!) so that meant for the rest of the program, she did not pay attention to anything but her hair issue and she didn't sing, do hand motions, pick up her jingle bells during the one part of the song - NOTHING. I felt SOO bad - I just wanted to run up front and pull the barrette out of her hair so she could actually sing! It was frustrating for me. :( My mom said, well, you'll always remember it. True, I probably will... and I will probably never put a barrette in her hair for a special occasion like that again! I do have some pictures of the event, which I'll get around to posting someday.
So last night my sister watched the girls & Chris & I went out to dinner to P.F. Chang's with our nice neighbors, Keith & Jenna - we have only hung out with them as a family, since Chloe & Maya play with Jackson all the time.. and we've never went out as couples! So that was fun. The food was good - though quite pricey - and we had a good time. We are already planning to go out next month, and to Carrabba's Italian! We'll have to save our money up for next time. :)
So our Christmas celebrations will begin already this Sunday - at my Dad's house with his side of the family. I am going to make some fudge and take an appetizer, so nothing too fancy to prepare, which is nice.
Oh, on a side note, I did end up making up a couple Christmas 'goodie' plates for our neighbors earlier this week. We made chocolate dipped 'nilla wafers & pretzels decorated with sprinkles, oatmeal cookies w/red & green M&M's, and plain old rice krispie treats (for those who don't like chocolate, I decided!) So that was nice to accomplish. :)
Well, I guess that's the update for now. Pray for me, please... I don't want to be exhausted and miserable for our Christmas celebrations...
No comments:
Post a Comment