Wednesday, December 3, 2008

'Tis the season

So the other night we were able to get the lights on the tree, but it was annoying because this happens to be the year all the sets of lights have a problem. I'm sure you know what I mean.. you get out your lights that worked perfectly ALL last Christmas and now this year none of them want to work! UGH. So it was a good thing our tree is smaller this year, cuz we had just enough working strands to cover the tree, but shortly afterward, one of the strands acted up and half the lights went out! UGH again. So part of our tree is a little dim now. So we decided we'd go to Lowe's and buy some new sets of lights, since we had a coupon for there anyway. We still haven't gotten our camera back from Grandma's house, but we found our old camera and I used that one to take a few pictures of the lighting of the tree.. but now I have to find the cord for the old camera to load the pictures onto the computer! UGH again. haha.

So last night we went out for dinner as a family to Friday's... and I was excited to get steak & mashed potatoes... but it was dissapointing, since my steak was super small and was fatty and was WAY too pink. The girls ate some macaroni & cheese and Chris had a massive sandwich, and then we went to Lowe's to get our lights. For some reason everything was 50% off so I got two boxes of 450 count lights and we also got a snowman for the front yard, which was orig. $60 and we got it for $30! We got home and I opened one of the boxes to try out the lights, and one of the strands had the SAME problem - half the lights were out. SO, so much for that. We're taking them back and buying the expensive lights instead (which aren't too bad considering they're half price right now) and hopefully those ones will work!! I tell ya..

So here's the only recent picture I have to share, since I have camera "troubles"... It's a picture my Mom took of their fireplace after she hung up all the stockings we decorated on Thanksgiving! There sure are a lot, eh? :)


Well, this is the busiest time of year for someone who works in a Church (that'd be me) so I should really get back to the stacks of work on my desk... (we're already working on Christmas bulletins!) UGH, again. :)

No comments: