Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

Look at that big, drooly smile! :)


Chloe with her tongue sticking out funny,
but still a cute picture...
These were taken at our Christmas celebration
on Sunday at my Dad and step-Mom's house.

Maya & Chloe got little tray's to decorate, from my Aunt & Uncle.

Me & Chloe, my Dad, and my sister & Maya...


Maya opening a baby doll!

Maya and her Tinkerbell ornament...

Chloe happily opening a present - lots of books she loves!


And here are some pictures from Chloe singing

at preschool last week...
She is in the front row with a green dress -
the only little girl wearing green, I think! :)


A picture of the whole group of 3 year old's!

(Sorry the quality isn't so great)

And here are some other picture's from our

"Christmas photo shoot" a few weeks back...


We didn't tell them to look up at Mommy & Daddy,

they just did, and I think it's kinda' cute. :)


Playing together...

So that's it for our pictures at the moment. Now, time for an update on us... Our celebration on Sunday went well, but I was busy doing last minute things and didn't get a nap beforehand so the whole party just completely wore me out. And not to mention it was like 5 below zero that day & SUPER windy out - so the girls ended up coming down sick on Monday. I was going to work on Monday since the holiday falls on my usual workday's and around lunch time my Mom called and said Chloe had a fever, so my workday was cut short (no big deal to me) and I went home to help my Mom with the girls. Chloe had a fever & runny nose and was miserable most of the day. Then through the night on Monday Maya ended up with a fever and the same nose problems. So we've all been sick, even my Mom, but Chris is staying healthy at the moment. It's just ridiculous. I must say, though, we are very blessed that the sickness is not as bad as it could be & is lasting a short while and we seem to be recovering... Chloe is doing much better. Maya did fine all day yesterday, but woke up again last night with a fever. What a Christmas to remember this will be.
So tonight we have our 2nd Christmas celebration, as we head to Chris' parents house for dinner & to open presents with them. We are doing something different this year and having lots of appetizers, as well as ham, and then dessert. I am making artichoke dip, which I'm excited about, and last night at 10:00 I made some scotcheroo things - which is a peanut butter, marshmallow & rice krispie mixture topped with melted chocolate & butterscotch chips. These are so delicious - but I've never made them myself, so I'm excited to have them tonight!
I have yet to wrap any of the girls' presents - so you know what I'll be doing at 10:00 tonight! However, I'm working a half-day today so I could always sacrifice my nap this afternoon and wrap presents instead. Hah! We all know how much I love my naps, though (especially as I anticipate a VERY long & exhausting day tomorrow when I will not be getting a beloved nap!)
So tomorrow morning we'll have a leisure Christmas morning the 4 of us, complete with some wonderful homemade breakfast I will make, I'm sure :) and hopefully the girls will be excited to open the HUGE box that contains their new kitchen. (We chose to not put it together beforehand, since it just seems like it'd be fun to have a HUGE box all wrapped up to open!) Yeah, it won't be fun to deal with their pleading for Daddy to put it together "right now" I am sure, but oh well.
At lunch time tomorrow we'll leave for Chris' grandparents where the girls will again get to enjoy playing with their 2nd cousins and they'll get a gift or two from Chris' grandparents. We'll be there most of the afternoon and then we'll pack up the kids and drive to my Mom & step-Dad's house for Christmas with them. I will be greatly praying that either Maya takes a nap at Great-Grandma & Grandpa's like she did on Thanksgiving, or that she sleeps during the half hour or so trip to my Mom's house! Otherwise, it will not be too fun opening presents with a cranky Maya that evening.
So that is our list of what's going on the next 24 hours! :) I sincerely hope that you are healthy & well and that you have a peace-filled & joyful Christmas!

No comments: