Thursday, June 28, 2007

Chloe's first hair cut!




On Tuesday morning my Mom came up and trimmed my hair and we also cut Chloe's hair for the FIRST time! My Mom just trimmed her wispy little bangs, so they now are in a perfect little row across her forehead! Except her hair curls so much, especially in this hot weather, that you can't really tell she got her bangs cut... They just curl in a new way now! hehe. So anyway, these are the cute pictures from this memorable experience.

Anyhow, thank God it's Thursday! I'm feeling much better today than the past few days... I was so glad for Wednesday to come so I could come to work - I was completely exhausted mentally, emotionally, and physically come yesterday morning and I needed to get out of the house. Usually my friend Erin comes over on Tuesdays, but this week she was out of town so that meant I had 2 days of watching my children by myself and for some reason I can't handle it. Yeah, some mother I am. My Mom is a queen for being able to handle Chloe & Maya alone for 3 days straight. And on top of it, she cleans my house and does laundry and you name it, all because she loves us! She is amazing and I'm so incredibly blessed. I don't know how she does it. But it seems I'm just not that great of a stay-at-home Mom!

Tuesday was rough because neither girls wanted to take naps. I sat in Chloe's bedroom holding Maya, while Chloe drank her milk in bed and then when it was gone, she got out of bed and wanted to leave the room instead of go to sleep... So I shut the door and she proceeded to have a huge tantrum - she picked up these big old cardboard wrapping paper tubes that she plays with and started screaming & swinging them around violently - I thought for sure she was going to knock the lamp off her toy shelf or break something, so I opened the door and basically said "forget it" to taking a nap.... And I just let her play until she got exhausted. Unfortunately, she didn't get exhausted until 3:00! (Usually by then we'd be waking up from our naps!) So her and Maya both fell asleep within 5 minutes of each other - after being awake so long they finally gave in and fell asleep on the couch. I almost lost my sanity that afternoon. I didn't know how much more crying I could take without taking a nap myself. I was SO tired.

So Wednesday all day I sat here at work just completely worn out - I could barely focus on work. It's like you keep going, going & going and when you finally stop, you just want to fall over. A nd that was how I was yesterday. I came to work and sat down and wanted to just sleep.

So anyway, today is a much better day. I'm feeling more rested & in a better mood and not so depressed about life!
On another note, please pray for my husband. His company is completely swamped with work - he even has 3 guys working for him now, some days 4! It's crazy how busy they are. And then on Tuesday he fell down the steps at a new house and he landed on his shoulder and now he can barely move it. It hurts for him to even turn his steering wheel he says. So last night in the midst of some awful thunderstorms, he left me at home with the girls & went to the Urgent Care Center. They took six x-rays from his elbow to his shoulder and the Dr. said it's probably a torn tendon or muscle or something (I don't quite remember) and they are sending the x-rays to the what-cha call it specialist. Hopefully it's nothing serious or then he'd have to have surgery. UGH. I told him this is God's way of slowing him down. God has a way of letting things happen to you when you are busy running in too many different directions all at once.. He'll always slow you down some way or another it seems! Anyway, please keep him in prayer!
I better get back to work now... Have a good Thursday!

No comments: