Well, as you can see from the swimming pictures, we had a fun weekend! Saturday was my Grandma's 80th birthday but instead of giving her presents, all my family went to her house and we did projects for her - like washing windows, painting the bedroom, uprooting old rose bushes, washing & waxing the car - you name it! It was a busy day but lots of fun since everyone was there working together. We breaked for lunch and enjoyed TONS of food - lunch meat and fresh fruit and good sweets for dessert... and then my job was done, as I had to take Chloe home for a nap! Grandma did a good job holding Maya while she napped! (This is my Grandma who lives 2 houses down from us & she is always good at putting Maya to sleep and rocking her for hours on end to keep her sleeping! What a blessing for us!) Anyway, after the nap most everyone headed home to get ready to go out to my Aunt's house for supper! We had burgers & hot dogs on the grill and MORE yummy food - and we also enjoyed swimming in the pool! It was a wonderful day - but VERY tiring - So tiring that we decided to sleep in on Sunday instead of go to Church - I know, shame on us! But the girls were all sticky sweaty & covered in sun tan lotion and all would have needed baths Sunday before Church - and me being incredibly tired, I decided to sleep in a little instead of get up early & rush around to get to Church and just end up in a bad mood the whole time we were there. We ventured out before lunchtime -- all 4 of us - and we went to Meijer to get groceries! This is the 1st time we took both girls with us to the store. We usually drop off Chloe at Chris' parents - because Maya is fine while we shop - and Chloe is the one who gets antsy! It wasn't too bad of an experience. Then Sunday night we had Chris' entire family over for a Father's Day cookout - which makes for a full house! We don't have everyone over very often because Chris' parents have a much bigger house that accomodates a large group of people much easier! But it was still fun - we had delicious chicken on the grill and corn on the cob... and what else was exciting was that Merin (Chris' brother Joe's fiance) brought over mine and Chloe's dresses for the wedding! Chloe is going to be a flower girl and I'm a bridesmaid... We have a picture of Chloe in her dress which I will post later on! (So adorable!) They are getting married on September 1 and this Sunday is the Bridal Shower for Merin with the Schrinel side of the family - YEA! I love buying gifts for people and I can't wait to go shopping for it! So anyway, that was our weekend in a nutshell - VERY busy and full of big wonderful meals! Our fridge was completely full for the past few days (it's getting emptier now..) but I think I must've put on 5 lbs. just since Saturday! Oh my word - we had so many left-over's and everything was soo good, that I've been eating non-stop since Saturday, even if I'm not hungry! It's been awful!
Now I'm at work and speaking of food - it's almost lunch time and today is our "Staff Planning Day" and we are having pizza for lunch! YUM! That is all the news for now... Hope you are having a good week so far!!
No comments:
Post a Comment