Thursday, June 14, 2007

Now it's Thursday

Well, it's another boring day in my world at work. Yesterday afternoon no one was around and I just searched the internet half the afternoon cuz I never feel like doing work when I'm sitting here alone! hah.

So yesterday I was looking at possible vacation spots for us for next summer!! (I know, a long way off.. But I have to have something to look forward to!) So since we took Chloe last summer on a 8 hour trip to Tennesee & she was only 11 months old, I figured we can probably handle to go somewhere next summer, since Chloe will be 3 and Maya will almost be a year and a half.... But we're definitely not going to drive somewhere that is 8 hours away! We are thinking of going somewhere in Michigan - maybe Mackinaw Island, which is one of our favorite destinations - or possibly stay in a cottage on a lake and then drive to Mackinaw for the day or something. We usually take vacations with Chris' parents and his little brother Alex - which is what we did last year - and that way we can usually afford to rent a nice condo. or something and split the cost between us. So I am searching the Michigan map for various lakes & cottages that are beautiful & scenic, but not necessarily in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do! We shall see... It's fun to think about & plan!

Anyway, last night we went to Chris' parents for dinner - we do this once a week which is a wonderful thing - It means when Chris & I get home from work we just pile everyone in the car and don't have to worry about cooking.. It's a blessing. His mom always makes good, big meals and in the summer we grill alot and she has all these tasty marinades she uses. And we always have some yummy dessert, too. It's nice! So that's what we did last night... and after eating dinner we went outside so Chloe could run around & play and I was commenting about how they needed to trim their bushes in front of their house, and before I knew it, Chris' Dad was getting the hedge trimmers out and I was trimming them myself! I really wanted to, and everyone was nervous to let me... but I insisted that I could do it and not ruin them - so I was out to prove myself to them! hehe. It was fun. (Afterward I told Chris' Dad "Happy Father's Day!") The neighbors probably wondered what some girl in a skirt was doing cutting the bushes! haha. Yes, it was probably a sight to behold. But of course my trimming job turned out good... My arm was numb and tingly afterwards, though! Too much vibration I guess for my poor arm, which is always sore anyway from holding little (or shall I say "not-so-little") Maya all the time! So that was our evening last night and we didn't get home till around 9:00! It's been really hard getting Chloe into bed at a decent time, since it's still so light out at 9! She usually is sleeping by 9, but lately she isn't asleep till 9:30 or 9:45!! So needless to say I am usually completely exhausted by 10:00 and can't wait to get into bed!

Well, I should probably try & do something productive since that's what I'm getting paid to do! Later....

No comments: