Friday, June 29, 2007

A long weekend

My weekend will officially begin in one hour! And it's going to be a long weekend, as next Weds. is the 4th of July so I have the day off! That gives me only a 2 day work week next week!

Anyway, tonight Chris and I are going out to dinner to Smokey Bones with another couple (a woman I know from work and her husband) and Merin is coming over to watch Chloe & Maya. We are going home after we eat, but it will still be nice to get out of the house and enjoy a meal together!

Tomorrow we are going to my Aunt's house for an early 4th of July party. Since the 4th falls in the middle of the week, we decided to just get together on the weekend instead, since no one would stick around to watch fireworks anyway, assuming we all have to get up and go to work the next morning. So we'll be going there in the late afternoon, to maybe swim if it's warm enough, and then enjoy lots of good food together! That will be fun for us, and especially for Chloe if she gets to enjoy the pool again!

Sunday, later in the evening, there is a Church nearby that does fireworks each year and they tend to be better than the city's own fireworks so we will go sit in a nearby Church parking lot and snack on yummy food and play in the field until the fireworks happen. This was fun last year, we went along with Chris' parents & Alex.. and I'm sure it'll be fun again this year!

Monday will probably be a normal day... But Monday night Chris is getting help from his family with moving all the furniture from our family room & living room elsewhere in the house, because Tuesday we are getting our new carpet installed! I have no idea how this is going to work... Chris is working on Tuesday so it will be me & the girls and a completely torn up house... I think we may work something out so at least Chloe will spend the day elsewhere. Who knows yet... It stresses me out just thinking about it.

And then Tuesday evening is the fireworks in our city and we'll be going to Dave and Elise's house (they are from Church & Dave works for Chris)... And I know I mentioned before that they live on the river, right next to where the city shoots off the fireworks! So this will be a new & exciting experience for us (and hopefully it won't scare Chloe with the fireworks right above our heads!)


And then Wednesday is the actual 4th of July of course, but I don't think we even have anything planned that day!

So anyhow, those are our busy plans for the next few days... I look forward to these fun get-together's but somehow in the end I always feel completely exhausted, mentally & physically, and I long for our lives to be quiet and boring again. So it seems there is no happy-medium when it comes to our social lives - we're either overly busy or bored.

Well, I better go... I hope you have a marvelous holiday weekend - with the perfect balance of fun times & relaxing times!

No comments: