We are so blessed to have such adorable daughters!

Well - finally time for me to write again. We enjoyed the nice weather over the weekend. . . Saturday was fun - we had some family shopping time together on Saturday morning and I SO love when we do that. We went to Lowe's and Target and the Party store. We bought some more flowers to plant in the back garden because the rabbits ate 3/4 of the flowers I planted. UGH. It made me so angry. What was supposed to be a beautifully colorful garden in back was nothing but a few hostas and some mulch around them. In some spots you couldn't even tell where the flower had been - they ate the stems, the leaves, the blooms - everything! It was aggravating to say the least. So I bought some pretty bright purple and bright pink petunias, and 2 perennial's: white daisy's and it's been 4 days and the flowers/plants are still there! I am glad to look out our family room window now and actually see color! Anyhow, we also went to the Party store so Chloe could pick out a theme for her 2 year birthday party! She was kinda' overwhelmed I think - there was so many she would have liked - so I helped her and we picked out Elmo decorations and plates & stuff. I got some Sesame Street stickers and I'm going to make homemade invitations - instead of spending $4 on only 8 invitations! I have lots of cool paper for scrapbooking at home, so I'm going to use that. So that will be fun for me! I love being creative when I have the time to! So it will be a fun Elmo/Sesame Street birthday party.
The last few days have kinda' been a blur - I can't seem to remember exactly what we did... But I remember yesterday - my friend Erin came over again and I always enjoy having someone spend the day with me and the girls because it's SUCH a help. When both kids are tired, cranky & crying - it's nice to have the ratio of 1:1 - one adult for each child! It's those moments that I would go insane if I were home alone. Also yesterday I talked to the nurse at the doctor's office and we scheduled Chloe's biopsy. I had come to grips with the idea of having it done, until my conversation with this nurse yesterday. Now I'm incredibly nervous and really don't want Chloe to have to go through this! It's happening on Tuesday, August 14 at 8:30 in the morning at the hospital. We have to arrive at 7:00 to get her all prepared for it - she has to be put to sleep and her vitals monitored and all that - and then the procedure itself only takes about 15 minutes - but then she has to be brought OUT of sedation and her vitals monitored for about an hour & a half afterward. So we'll be there a total of 4 or 5 hours!! UGH. And she also cannot eat or drink anything after midnight the night before. And then the nurse said she is going to try & schedule it for earlier than 8:30 so the fasting isn't that big of a deal (because poor Chloe will be half asleep if we have to arrive at the hospital by 6 am?!) Ugh - I don't want to do this. So that's the update on that. She still hasn't really gained any weight since she first met with the specialist. She's still around 21.4 pounds.
Anyway, I guess that's all the news for now... I better get back to work!

No comments:
Post a Comment