Well, it’s a beautiful day today! We’ve been enjoying nice 70 degree weather every so often… Monday was another one of those days and I was able to take the girls on a walk in the stroller in the morning… and then we played outside in the afternoon, too, on the swingset! It’s nice because Chloe can sit in the big kid swing now (she doesn’t know how to pump yet, to make it go, but loves being pushed high!) and Maya will sit in the baby/toddler swing and she loves that she can watch her big sister swinging or playing on the swingset at the same time. Anyhow… things have been going well… after last week’s entry about Chloe saying “Am” for Grandma… the very next day she started calling Grandma “Ramma” (she just omits the ‘G’) So she is calling both her Grandma’s and her Great-Grandma “Ramma” all the time now and they ALL love it!! (They’ve been waiting a long time for this!) hehe. Sometimes she puts a crazy twist on it and says “Ram-ma-ma!” And Chloe is still calling her sister “Ma Na” - now that she can finally talk to Maya and yell at her, she’s loving it! When Maya was in the jumperoo the other day - Chloe said to her “Ma Na, GO! Ma Na, GO!” meaning she wanted Maya to start jumping. hehe. Another day, Maya was playing on the floor & started getting fussy and Chloe got down on the floor in front of her face and said “Ma Na, eat? Ma Na, eat?” wanting to know if she was hungry, I guess! Whenever sister cries, she goes up to her and pats her head or hugs her head and says “Ma Na… Ma Na..” It’s just the most adorable thing ever. The other day she just couldn’t get enough of her and was kissing her all over! hah. Anyway, Maya is still saying “Ma Ma” and says it most when she is getting annoyed by something it seems. And Maya is super close to crawling! She tips forward from a sitting position and then ends up on all fours and then usually falls down, but today she started rocking back & forth, which is the next step! Chloe did the rocking on all fours forever, before she finally got her arms & legs coordinated to crawl! It’s so exciting - I can’t imagine what Maya is gonna’ do when she can crawl and follow her sister everywhere! They’re BOTH gonna’ love it! haha. On another note, Chloe has graduated to sitting at the table with us in a booster seat at dinner time! Maya is much happier *usually* sitting in the high chair (instead of in the swing on the floor) so she is more a part of the dinner time ‘action.’ They are just both growing up so fast! It’s hard to believe sometimes. Other fun things - Chloe loves chicken noodle soup. She ate almost an entire can of it the other day for lunch! And of course it comes in 50 different kinds of noodles, shaped like her favorite t.v. characters or shaped like stars or what-not - so that makes it more fun to eat of course! She also ate TONS of green beans the other night at dinner! She didn’t want chicken, or stuffing, just beans! It was SO weird! I think it was the novelty of sitting at the table and using the ‘big’ spoon to serve herself and put them on her plate - and so she just kept eating & eating them! It’s amazing how if you involve your child more with the preparing of the food, or if you let them make choices, they will eat better - and they will eat things you wouldn’t normally put on their plate! Like, she ate a bowl of taco meat all by itself the other night - I think because she helped me brown the meat and stir it and put the seasoning in and all that… she loved helping and then she was curious to try it, and then liked it! Amazing. She helped me put some chicken in the slow cooker and I was putting some garlic in and she repeated after me and said “garlic”! What a funny word to add to her ever-growing vocabulary! haha. And then she was going around singing “Garlic! Garlic!” I wish you could hear her say it, it’s hilarious! I guess it sort of sounds like “Gar-yik.” So, life is just full of new things - and new words! - for her everyday.
Aside from the children - I went to Wal-Mart today for my usual trip to stock up on cheap baby food… and wouldn’t you know it, they raised the price from 32 cents to 43!! That is how much it is everywhere else. So for a few weeks I got some good deals. They still have a much better selection, though, than Meijer does, so I will probably still buy some of the food there - but now I really need to be on the look-out for baby food sales at Kroger or Meijer each week.
Please continue to pray for my husband - he is ever so busy all the time and I just feel bad. I don’t know what to do. He wants me to help him with some things, but he doesn’t understand that I can’t do all these secretarial tasks when I have a part time job at Church and a full time job as a Mom and housewife! Yes, I want to help him, but I can’t do everything! I’m not super woman! Though I think he must think I am most of the time! hah. I just wish he could ‘hire’ me so I can help ease his workload. I just don’t have time to help as much as I wish I could. It’s rough. And I’m trying to place an ad in the paper for a qualified electrician and they said it was gonna’ cost $120! That’s just for one Sunday. That’s crazy if you ask me. The ad is the size of your finger tip! And we have to pay for a p.o. box on top of it, for somewhere for people to send their resumes. The whole owning & operating your own business thing is just getting to be too much - I mean, nobody really tells you how to deal with success. If he only knew how to better manage the workload…
Well, speaking of workload - it’s a busy time here at work - so I should get back! I will try & post some recent pictures later! I have some cute ones of the girls in the last few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment