Just a quick note to ask for your prayers for our little Chloe… She had what we thought was just a cold, which came about over the last 2 days, but this morning at 5 a.m. she woke up feverish and not breathing real well… her chest sounded congested and her breaths were short and quick… I gave her Tylenol and put her back to sleep and then this morning planned on going to work and calling the Dr. when I got there. Well, before my leaving at 8:45, she threw up on the couch (just from having a hard cough) and my Mom was overwhelmed and I decided to call the Dr. and not go into work. We took her in at 10:30 and it turns out she has bronchitis and it was bad enough that the Dr. wanted her to have a ‘breathing treatment’ with a nebulizer. (Chris’ parents had to buy a machine like this because Chris’ asthma was so bad when he was younger.) So if Chloe continues to have these kinds of infections occur (more than a normal kid gets them), they will probably diagnose her has having asthma. She was much better after the treatment in the Dr.’s Office, but the Dr. wanted us to continue these treatments at home, so she ordered us a machine and the medicine to go with it. So I’ve spent half the day driving all over the city, getting the machine & medicine, and at the moment I am at work printing out the Sunday bulletin and what-not so I’m not so behind here! When I left my mom with the girls a few hours ago, they were going down for naps and things were a little more under control, than they were early this morning. So now I’m trying to finish up my few important jobs before going home before 5 so Chloe can have her next breathing treatment. We have to do it every 4 hours for the next 2-3 days. I also have to take her back in tomorrow at 1:00, so the Dr. can make sure she’s not getting worse. So needless to say, it’s been a long day!! Please pray for Chloe, and pray for Maya to stay healthy.. and pray for the rest of us who take care of these children! :)
Thank you… and I’ll keep you up-to-date...
No comments:
Post a Comment