It’s Wednesday which means I’m at work. It’s going to be a normal work week which is nice, since my routine got completely turned around last week. Anyway, all is well at our house. My Monday and Tuesday went good with the girls, which was a blessing. They were both happy and played well together. Maya even crawled last night! I put her down on the bedroom floor while sorting some clothes and she was intrigued by the night light and wanted to crawl toward it, so she moved her arms and her legs actually followed - and then she fell on her tummy! But she did it once! Wow! :) Now we’re on the look-out for it to happen again. She is a really good mover, though, despite not really crawling yet… she seems to crawl backwards which is funny to watch and between that and scooting on her belly and twisting & turning, she can make it all the way across the room. So now we need to really sort through everything that may be within her reach, like some of Chloe’s toys that may be too small for her. Oh boy! Chloe has a lingering cough hanging on but she only coughs once in a great while - so she’s almost all better! YEA! And Maya is still healthy and seems to have fought off the germs! Praise God!
As for Chris - he is still swamped with work and busy as ever… and stressed as ever… and he is always getting hurt - last week he smashed his thumb and he has a continuous pain in his shoulder and elbow… he thinks he should probably have surgery on it, but doesn’t want to admit it cuz he doesn’t have time to be ‘laid up’ with an injury. Our ad for an electrician was in the Sunday paper - so now we are checking our post office box every other day for resumes. Who knows how we will have time to sort through them and decide who to interview - and where to interview them (we don’t want people coming to our house, I don’t think!) So it’s going to be an interesting and long process, which we don’t have time for... but what can you do?
As for me - well, I have become addicted (is that the right word?) to a new show I watch on Tuesday’s at 10:00 (past my bedtime!) It’s called Jon & Kate plus 8. It’s on either TLC or Discovery Health… Anyway, it’s about a couple with twin 6 yr. old girls and then sextuplets who are 2 years old (3 girls and 3 boys). I happened to watch it last week and now I love it!! For some odd reason, I just feel really good about motherhood and life after I watch it! haha. I guess because you see what another Mom is going through and realize that you are NOT alone with your struggles! And I am reminded that taking care of my 2 children is NOTHING compared to having six 2 year olds and two 6 year olds!! Woah! So yeah, it makes me feel like I’m handling raising my 2 kids just fine. And I don't feel so overwhelmed or stressed after I watch it. So every Tuesday I am going to stay up late and have some ‘me time’ watching this funny show. Go here, to see what it’s all about and see a cute picture of this amazing family: http://health.discovery.com/convergence/gosselins/gosselins.html
Well, for now, I need to get back to work… have a good rest of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment