Sunday, October 28, 2007

What a weekend...

What a weekend it has been. On Friday night, we had a much needed 'date' night except we went out to dinner with another couple from Church, who have a soon-to-be 3 year old daughter. It was SOO wonderful - we went to Carrabba's - an expensive Italian grill - and the food was amazing! And very unusually, I didn't even care that we didn't eat till after 7:00!! We had wonderful conversation - it's funny, when you have kids that are about the same age - there never seems to be a lull in the conversation because you always have something to talk about when it comes to your kids! We really enjoyed spending time with them and hopefully we can do it more often cuz we all just get along really well. So that was a blessing - and then Saturday morning was Chloe's final 'Fall Play Day' at the Pre-School (how sad for her, yet she doesn't realize it!) She painted me her final painting on the easel - which she loves to do - and she still had her moment where she didn't want to listen to the story at the end. UGH! But I think that perhaps this happens because Mommy is there, because at Church it sounds like she does just fine during story time and sitting on the carpet squares! Even her teacher said she helps her set out all the squares & pick them back up each Sunday! So that encouraged me! Anyway, back to my Saturday... Last night we had our "Trunk or Treat" at Church which was our 2nd annual year for it... It was my idea last year, so I headed up the whole thing.. and this year I did it again... and I was so proud - we had almost 200 people!!! We had 32 cars which people decorated... If you aren't familiar with this idea: Church members park their cars in the parking lot and open their decorated trunks and then pass out candy as kids 'trick or treat' from car to car! It's lots of fun...and it's crazy how some adults really get into it! Some family had a farm theme last year and brought live chickens from their own farm! haha. We also give out prizes for the best trunk, too. The trunk that won last night was "The Supremes" and it was 3 women, in their 50s I'd say, and were dressed up just like the famous singers with dresses, wigs, and microphones and music by The Supremes was blaring out of their car stereo! They were such good 'actresses'! haha. So yeah, they won. It was fun. And this year Chloe actually got to 'enjoy' and slightly understand the trick-or-treating thing! And then we all go inside the Church afterward for cider & donuts and Chloe had a sucker - a big Tootsie pop! - for the first time and was in heaven! haha. She ran around in circles with her other little friends, eating candy and going nuts! On the way home, she kept saing "Wheat wheat" meaning "trick or treat!" which really meant "I want a treat!" So I now have the candy bowl hidden in the cupboard so she doesn't want a to have a "wheat" every second of the day! P.S. We had left Maya home during this event, to keep her in out of the cold, and because I was in charge of this event and didn't have time to watch 2 kids! My sister enjoyed babysitting her, though... She always plays 'dress up' with Maya's huge wardrobe! hehe.

So today was Church and after coming home & dropping everyone off, I had to return to Church to help prepare a meal for members before the "Congregational Meeting." Chris stayed home with the girls. I enjoyed spending time with those at Church by myself, even if it meant serving food and doing dishes & cleaning the kitchen! Now it's almost dinner time on Sunday and I just had a short nap and am thinking about what to make for dinner... It's been SUCH a loaded weekend... Hope you've had a good one!

No comments: