Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's Wednesday!

So the last thing I need to be doing right now is writing in my blog... But I need a break from working! Everyone is gone for the day so I'm sitting here by myself, sort of relaxing. We have a funeral this weekend, a wedding next weekend and a bulletin & a newsletter to work on in between! UGH.

Anyway, here are some exciting things happening at our house.... Chloe, who is saying new words everyday it seems, added 2 new words to her vocabulary in the last 2 days! It seems she's finally decided to call Grandma and Maya by names... YEA! When my Mom was over on Monday, she put Chloe down for her nap, so when Chloe woke up half-way through, I heard her calling for "Am" which I am pretty sure was short for Gram or Gramma! And yesterday I had sat Maya down on the floor to play while changing Chloe's diaper and she started fussing, so I was calling her name to get her attention, and Chloe decided to start calling her, too!! She is now officially calling her sister "Ma-Na" which sounds like "Ma Ma" except with an 'N'! It's so funny & cute and I'm glad her little sister finally has a name!! hehe. So that is the exciting news with us... And Maya is still saying "Ma ma" and "Ba ba" and other cute sounds, too! Chloe loves her sister so much... whenever Maya wakes up from a nap, I'm usually holding her, and Chloe reaches up and grabs her foot and says "Awwww..." and giggles really cute. It's like everytime Maya leaves us for a while (napping) and then rejoins us (when she wakies up) Chloe is reminded of how she has a baby sister and gets excited all over again! It's precious to behold. Last night Maya fell asleep with me holding her on the couch, which she never does... and Chloe just wanted to play with her hands and feet and stroke her head... and then when Maya woke up (from too much love from sister :) I put my hand on her head to try to get her to fall back asleep, and of course Chloe had to put her hand on Maya's head, too... hehe. It's wonderful having 2 little girls! And Chloe is such a good helper - one day I even had her helping me back the diaper bag! I told her I needed a couple diapers for her and a couple for Maya and sure enough, she went & retrieved 2 diapers for both of them!! How fun it is to watch your child grow up and really understand what you are saying and interact with you...

Well, I better get back to work... I am so blessed to have 2 beautiful girls to go home to! :)

No comments: