Friday, September 12, 2008

Adjusting and Obsessing

Celebrating Grandma's birthday...
Maya's thoughts: That chocolate frosting is pretty good... maybe another lick?

Yeah, the girls totally mushed up one side of the cake, sticking their fingers in the side of it & licking the frosting off ... I couldn't believe Chloe even ate lots of it - the girl who hates anything brown, or chocolate!


Playing baseball with Uncle Joe while at Grandma & Grandpa's house...

It seems we've lost interest already.. :)




Chloe showing what she made for Grandma for her b-day :)



So, it's another weekend... I'm happy to say I think Chloe is adjusting to preschool better this week. Tuesday she skipped and ran out of school, happy as can be. I still don't hear what she does there, usually I can only get what she had for snack out of her. On Tuesday it was a muffin of some sort, raisins and apple juice. She said she didn't like the muffin and threw it away and that she was mad. Poor girl! haha. I didn't hear any bad reports from her teachers, so I hope there was no tantrum involved about the muffin. :) So she didn't have any meltdowns on the way home or after we got hoome, so that was wonderful. And Thursday when my Mom picked her up from School, she did fine, too.. though she was asking for a frosty so my Mom scrounged up some money and took her to Wendy's for a kids meal. So once again, no meltdown. :) Maybe it can be a Thursday tradition every so often for Grandma to treat her to Wendy's for lunch... we'll see. So yes, she's doing much better with school.


And this week has been a little crazy for me since I've become obsessed with the Extreme Makeover Home Edition being in town. I log onto http://www.13abc.com/ multiple times a day to read updates & see updated pictures of the house that's being built.. and when I'm home, I make sure to watch the 6:00 and 11:00 news (yes, I'm staying up late I'm so insane!) You can also visit http://www.buildwithbuckeye.com/ and click on the Extreme Makeover icon on the right, and then click on "pictures throughout the week" on the left-hand side and you'll see tons of the pics from each day! I'm obsessed, yes. :)

Anyway, we've decided to indeed buy the hot tub. Construction of a new addition to our deck began earlier in the week. We can't put it on the deck we already have because it isn't built to sustain something as heavy as a hot tub and so we're putting it more in our backyard, but it will still be attached to our current deck. Tonight we went and paid for the rest of it and hopefully it will be delivered the end of next week and Chris can finish the new deck by then!

So my Mom is making homemade curtains and a new bedspread that will match Chloe's 'new' room - and she brought the curtain and hung it today and now I'm super excited - it's going to be SO cute when it's all done!


Tomorrow Chris is going with Keith and some other guys to the Notre Dame game in South Bend. It's supposed to rain & thunderstorm all day though, so I don't know how much fun that can be... and it means we'll miss Chris all day. :( It's not like we see him that much - so the weekends I like to have "family time" so it's a bummer he'll be gone most of the day. My sister is gonna' come over after naptime, though, and we'll probably take the girls & go to Schlotzsky's 1.99 pizza night for dinner and the girls will have fun playing with "Auntie Auntie." :)

Please pray for my friend Emily & her husband who live in Houston - they evacuated, though I'm not sure to where... and I'm very concerned for her! Please pray that she is safe, not anxious or worried, and that things will be okay with their apartment!

Well, off to bed now... Have a good weekend!

No comments: