On Sunday Chloe started in the big kid room at Church - for 3 and 4 year olds. She was SO thrilled to go in there - they have a playset with a big slide & everything. The good news was that the nursery teacher moved into that room so Chloe knows her teacher already! The bad news is that Maya was left without her sister in the nursery and that meant she cried for the 1st time ever when we left her in there, since she's seemingly lost without Chloe. She did fine, though, once the teacher picked up her up and got out some bubbles to play with!
In other news, on Saturday afternoon Chris finished painting the top half of Chloe's bedroom walls pink! You can see a pic. of it below. :)
Also, we went to the pool/spa store and looked at hot tubs. (I know, what??) Chris gets this idea in his head every so often that we should get a hot tub, but I usually try to convince him otherwise, as they're quite expensive. Well, I gave in & we went to the store to look at them and well, once you stick your arm in the warm water and see the calming waterfall shooting out one side and all these pretty lights changing colors in the spa, and of course the spa place just has that clean 'pool' smell - well, immediately you end up wanting one, of course! So we found one that was marked down and they were willing to mark it down a thousand dollars since it was the floor model - so it was a pretty good deal, and we ended up putting money down on it and we now have 10 days to decide if we want it! Oh MY. I'm kinda' excited about it, though - and I know it will help Chris with all his aches & pains that he constantly complains about (shoulder & knee mostly). So now we're trying to figure out where we're going to put it - without it taking up an odd amount of space in our backyard.
So as for other weekend news: Sunday night Chris and I did something fun... ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is in Toledo this week (just yesterday Ty Pennington knocked on a family's door and surprised them that they were chosen!) And last night Sanctus Real had a benefit concert nearby to raise money for the family! It was awesome - it was outside and they had face painting for the kids and clowns & animal balloons - you name it - and the concert was great and then at the end the whole design team came up on stage, minus Ty Pennington (boy was I bummed! haha) but it was really neat - I'm glad we were a part of it. Aunt Merin watched the girls for us so we had a fun evening the 2 of us! So you'll have to watch the Extreme Makeover show in November cuz that's when this episode with the Toledo house will be airing! I believe the family is leaving for Disney World today and tomorrow they demolish the house and the new construction begins! It's so sweet - especially because this family is a bunch of wonderful Christians!
So now, today is Monday and Chris told me today that we're celebrating his Mom's b-day this Thursday so the girls & I went shopping for a present for her. We went to Kohl's and I got Chloe & Maya some more cute Fall/Winter clothes for only $5 a piece (long sleeve tops & pants) and I also had a coupon so that made it a good deal... and I got my Mother-in-law a summer outfit that was on clearance... such a good find - but let's just hope it fits her! Then we went to the Christian bookstore and got Chloe a new video for only $5. Then we came home and watched the video and tried on our new clothes and then we ended up having a little picnic with Jackson and Jenna outside. 
The girls playing "choo choo" train, which I just learned today is what they do at pre-school on their way to the potty... they must walk in a line like a "choo choo" train. :) Oh, and these are the cute shirts I got at Kohl's.

The girls playing "choo choo" train, which I just learned today is what they do at pre-school on their way to the potty... they must walk in a line like a "choo choo" train. :) Oh, and these are the cute shirts I got at Kohl's.








1 comment:
Kim, I looked up the name of that book that i found really helpful- Parenting the strong willed child: the clinically proven 5 week program for parents of 2-6 yr olds. by Rex Forehand. Andy's tantrums were a thing of the past by week 2. it really worked! a lot of the stuff they go through at this age is just a passing phase too. having to have juice in the red cup, not blue, having to have daddy brush teeth, not mommy etc. they like to voice their opinions and see just how much control they can have and whether it really matters what color or who does it. they get over it! remember too, and i will say this not as a put down but because i see myself and my sister in you. if you have perfectionist tendencies like Missy and me and my sister then your kids my take after you! they will feel a strong need to have everything just right and under control and will freak out if its not! i know my sisters little boy is really taking after her perfectionist ways and i tell her "well look at his mom!"
good luck!!!
Heather
Post a Comment