Friday, September 26, 2008

A fun night

It's late Friday night, I'm busy doing laundry before getting into bed... Tonight we got to have a fun evening.. My WONDERFUL Mom (as an anniversary present) stayed late tonight and Chris & I were able to go to a get together/dinner at one of our Pastors' houses, along with a bunch of other young couples - many of whom we'd never really met... It was awesome - we got there at 6:00 - they had a huge array of food, including hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, cole slaw, beans, chips, veggies, and tons of different desserts - and none of us even had to bring anything - the wonderful Pastor's wife did it all! I was amazed! She is so sweet! And there were like, 25 of us! It was really fun getting to know everyone - the main point of the evening was to get to know our new Youth Pastor, who just moved here from PA with his wife. I think they're about the same age as Chris & I. They're super nice and it was lots of fun... We did some silly get to know you games and our Pastor also built a bonfire in the firepit... we stayed till 9:00 - later than we thought we would! And we were the first people to leave... so I wish we could've stayed longer! It was a very long day for my Mom, though... I am so grateful that she watched the girls for us that long.

And another blessing - tomorrow night we get to actually go out to dinner alone for our anniversary! Chris' parents are gonna' watch the girls for us. We're not sure yet where to go, but I'm thinking steak sounds good... :)

So, that is what's happening at the moment... I could write more, but it's time to hang up some clothes and get in bed... I'm so tired!!

Have a good weekend...

No comments: