It's Tuesday... and I'm finally feeling 100% better. I woke up Monday morning feeling much better and was finally able to eat normal foods again without getting some strange stomach pains. I am still praying that the girls don't get it, especially with us going out of town this weekend and they really need to be healthy to be beautiful little flower girls on Saturday!
All is well again at our house - I've forgiven my husband - he finally told me that his head hurt so bad on Sunday that he didn't feel good either. Well, it's a little different though, when you're just dealing with caffeine withdrawal, I told him. He has a major addiction to caffeine - I told him he needs to go to rehab. Last Monday he came home from work early, with a headache & nausea (we thought he was still simply getting over the flu) but it happened again on Tuesday - and that time he drank one of his famous favorite energy drinks and almost instantly the headache & nausea disappeared. Is that odd or what? So yes, his body is addicted to caffeine and it's just not good at ALL. I really think it's a serious problem - well, it at least points to a more serious underlying problem which he is treating by drinking those awful energy drinks - and that is called being overworked & overly tired all the time! When, oh when, will he ever realize his lifestyle needs to change? How many "wake up calls" does God need to give him to slow him down and force him to make some changes in how his companies are run? Sometimes it seems so hopeless.
Well, anyway, today I am at work.. but I got good news today - Mary called and she has been released from jury duty - Thank the Lord! So I am going to return to my normal routine next week. But now we have to raise the question of changing my work schedule to Mon, Weds, Fri instead... but I just don't know if I feel like bringing it up right now.. I'm so exhausted working such messed up hours lately.
Today of course I am leaving around 3 to go home & take Chloe to therapy. I hope to get some words of wisdom from "Miss Sheri" as we call her, Chloe's Occupational Therapist, since we've been dealing with some awful tantrums by Chloe on a daily basis, if not multiple times a day. I don't know where it's coming from and if it has to do with her sensory processing or just being a 'typical 3 year old'! But it's been rough. And what's worse is that Maya repeats everything her sister does so we get tanrums times 2. ugghh.
By the way, today is Chloe's official "half birthday." The only reason I know this is, or have paid attention to today's date, is because at preschool if a child has a summer birthday, like Chloe's, they celebrate their 1/2 birthday instead. So yesterday we made cupcakes for her to take to school for snack. How fun!
Well, I must get back to work now...
No comments:
Post a Comment